MOST URGENT!!! PURCHASING A HIGH-END GAME SYSTEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
gxsaurav said:
Here is what I would recommend that u go for

1) 17" Samsung Syncmaster 793MB monitor that will be enough

2) SLI is useless, believe me, U will end up paying a lot more, & the heat issue are also very bad, better go for a 6800GT PCI-E if U want performance, that will do for a long time, if possible, later on sale it & buy a 7800GT when the prices come down

3) 1000 VA UPS is insane, go for a normal APC 600VS one, it will give u about 15 mins backup

4) 3500+ Venice will be a better choice, especially E6 core

5) unless u really need wireless keyboard & mouse, don't go for one, Logitech Internet pro desktop will do fine for U, it costs only Rs 1500

U R from guwahati :shock: , where there, I was born in gawahati

Yes it ery much true.Wireless ones are not good for gaming.
Dont go for sli set up.Rather buy a 800 gtx

cybershastri

Journeyman
sidewinder said:
Yes it ery much true.Wireless ones are not good for gaming.
Dont go for sli set up.Rather buy a 800 gtx

Can you please explain me why the wireless ones are not good for gaming? I was planning to buy wireless keyboard and mouse.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Well, if you get a good quality wireless mouse, you won't notice much difference. I have a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer Wireless and it's been working really well - even in games. If you want wireless, get the high-end wireless mice from Logitech or MS.

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Can Logitech "MX Duo" be termed/described as " Good QUALITY HIG_END " wireless Duos? & if there is a LAG time,How much is it-in sec or millisecs??//Is it really NOT any GAME WORTH? :sob:

BTW,another one >> will a normal 500-600 VA UPS suffice for a SLI/Non-SLI system with PSU of 450 W alone,...rest not including a 19 incher CRT,a high power speaker system & a MFD too 2 back up in the power outages?
... so was basically thinking abt 800 ~1000VA UPS for that!

what say the digit community?

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
Go for the Microtek 800va 2 batteries backup which is around Rs.2400/-. Only thing is u cant monitor it from your computer using any softwares.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Well if you play fast action games like CSS, HL2, BF2 then you really dont want the wireless keyboard and mouse. the lag issue is not in seconds but it feels very sluggish while playing. You are better off with standard keyboard and 1600DPI mouse like Logitech MX518 for the gaming.

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
im MESSED up

Now What do I Do,to tell u frankly,if

1) The above Game Rig i am building is also in my thinking(VERY MUCH) to be also 2 display on an 29" HDTV TFT CRT Philips TV,with component & S-video inputs & the audio connected 2 a 5.1 HT in my Front Living Room,then do I have much choice left if i go for a (lagless)wired keyboard & mice in that situation(Would not I be limited by the wire-length & the already messy Cable clutter in that Zone).Doubled up with my power sights,I was also keeping this situation in my mind.I DEFINETELY(maybe 90% time) want to enjoy a BIGGER,BETTER & WHOLESOME IMMERSIVE Game experience in such above said setup.Sice i am a big race& simulation fan,i was also considering a wireless game-pad/joystick for that matter.(Now,dont jump & advice me for a Playstation there,for it definetely is not coming just right now aft such a hefty investment,still eyeing the PS3 @alatter date)
Help Me Surely 2 advice intelligebly for I 'm in a sort of REAL DUBIDHA! //Thinking again-if after USING the wirless DUO's,not satisfied,I would be just buying a 2nd set of Cheap key-B'ds & Mice,just for the gaming sake!

2) Now what was Moderator Nemesis meaning when he said 2 quoute him
Nemesis said:
Well, if you get a good quality wireless mouse, you won't notice much difference. I have a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer Wireless and it's been working really well - even in games. If you want wireless, get the high-end wireless mice from Logitech or MS.

I am all in reall confusion after all these varied answers & if there is a "GOOD QUALITY WIRELESS MOUSE & KEYBOARD<WHERE I WOULD NOT FEEL MUCH LAG DIFFERENCE<WHICH BRAND & MODEL( In INDIA) HAS IT???", I would be much interested 2 have that?

Now,can the Helpful ones again bother 2 answer?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Yes I said it earlier and I say it again - a good quality wireless mouse will give you little or no lag. I myself am an FPS buff and have played HL2, Doom III, Doom III: RoE, UT2004, Quake 3, FEAR, AvP2, etc. with my wireless mouse and never faced any issues of lag.

However, I am not implying that wireless mice are better for gaming. If you want the best, you need a mouse like the RAZER series or a Logitech MX518. Though they offer high dpi, you gotta understand that your USB port needs to be hacked so that it can deliver more reports per second. Unless this is done, no use of high dpi and the USB port won't keep up beyond a certain limit. Also, when you get a 1600dpi mouse, you need to adjust to the high precision before it is actually useful.

Just for the record, I use the Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 which I bought a year ago.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Well Logitech clearly recommends using PS2 port for their MX518. USB port dosent support higher refresh and hacing threm by software is not risk free. ITs known to kill USB and mobo all together. But Logitech do provide USB to PS2 convertor with their mouse so thats no problem. And why waste a perfectly good USB when you have dedicated PS2 port for mouse.

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
if i 'm not that much of a FPS fan,does MX518 (Razer OOQ,bcoz,non-availability)matter so much,or would a MX Duo mice be nice enough?
Yes Rumble Pad.......giving DUE IMP!

*( also wheres my answer for a Ideal TV-PC-HT Gaming config)

Anyway,i m again on My Agent001 activities 2day,......BFT
thanks

usmayur

Broken In
My suggestions

I think, SLI is useless rightnow as graphics card combo would cost u 50 k,
also the technology is still raw with many driver issues.
Right now it is better to go for

AMD 64 3200+ and NF4 based motherboard.
You can easily save 10 k in that. performance difference is miniscule.

Go for Acer 17" LCD monitor. It is similarly priced as the monitor u
mentioned.

Floppy Drives are thing of the past. Go for 512 MB Corsair Pen Drive. Expect to shell out anything 3 k extra.
The RAM module u r buying seems too expensive. Invest in 2 512 MB DDR 400 Transcend Drive and save around 1.5 k

Invest in DVD Writer only if u really need it. Otherwise a Combo Drive would do just fine.

Last but not the least, invest all the money saved above in a good Graphics Card.
I suggest u Gainward 6800 GT PCI e 256 MB, it will cost u around 30 k.

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
NEW Vendor/NEW Prices

Now,Some NEW Price Quote from NEW Vendor@Guwahati

1) AMD 64-bit Athlon 939 3500+ = Rs. 12,500

2) ASUS A8N SLI Premium = Rs.11,500

3) XFX 6800 PCI-X 256 MB = Rs. 23,000

4) Kingston Ram 512x2 MB = Rs. 5,500(Approx)

5) Logitech wireless MX Duo = Rs. 3,500

&................final configuration Price Quote 2 be for the whole system & other components 2 be made avilable by Tomorrow.

Now,IS these Prices Fair Enough? or r there more pricing mileges that I should push for.

Basically,the price my New Vendir is quoting is almost similar 2 those listed by Active infocom.com,mumbai,So ARE THESE PRICES by DEFAULT @ MUMBAI(the Best Prices there???),
chk these

for CPU's:
*www.activeinfocom.com/p-category.asp?cid=9

for motherboards:
*www.activeinfocom.com/p-category.asp?cid=8&scid=39

So,What does the community say,do i make the deal with this NEW PC Dealer(if I am at it,i will close/make the deal tomorrow-21/09/05,SO Ppl be kind enugh early 2 reply back)!

Bye & thanks

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
One Important Thing,
Can I make the System run on Stock,if I cant make expenses for Spl cooling for OC,apart from Good Thermal Paste & 3 fans,as of Now,for SURELY,I am becoming a pooper after this Hefty Deal,without any penny left further for adequate cooling systems.

What do u all say,can this Biggy RUN ON STOCK ALONE???

supersaiyan

In the zone
i very strongly suggest that u wait for crossfire to come out as it is much better than sli. plus dude if u r buying such a killer config why the hell go for xfx when u have gainward or even leadtek. as a matter of fact why bother with 6600gt. go with powercolor x800xl. the reson i am recommending u the x800xl is that -
1. it has a performance equivalent to a 6800gt.
2. nice overclocker.
3. can be used with crossfire technology.
for more info on crossfire go to ati.com.
plus get if u r getting 1gb of ram, i suggest going for 2*512 mb ram to take advantage of the hyper transport feature.
i hope this helps.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
supersaiyan said:
i very strongly suggest that u wait for crossfire to come out as it is much better than sli. plus dude if u r buying such a killer config why the hell go for xfx when u have gainward or even leadtek. as a matter of fact why bother with 6600gt. go with powercolor x800xl. the reson i am recommending u the x800xl is that -
1. it has a performance equivalent to a 6800gt.
2. nice overclocker.
3. can be used with crossfire technology.
for more info on crossfire go to ati.com.
plus get if u r getting 1gb of ram, i suggest going for 2*512 mb ram to take advantage of the hyper transport feature.
i hope this helps.

Yes, you can go for the X800 XL from Powercolor for the reason stated above. It has also a 256bit memory interface and memory clock is around 980Mhz DDR3, others plz correct if I am wrong. Also it is somewhat cheaper than the 6800GT. It should cost around 18k I think whereas the 6800GT costs 24k-28k depending on the brand.

And I feel the crossfire technology is superior than SLI.

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
what abt the price Yaaaar?
i.e the New Prices.........I 'm quoting(from the New Vendor)?

***Please Help me in this Area foremost,then on technology***

hey,Do understand,If I go on Chasing after TECHNOLOGY as per say,I can NEVER EVER Build any system at all !!
Remeember,I don't Live in The STATES of USA,but one F**** statte of ASSam,where SLI tech-to say the lease is the BEST & Most Newest.
So why do u Ppl,insist me on..waiting more for further advances in Technology,when the curent tech r hard 2 find out here. & NEVER IMAGINE that i am BUILDING A KILLER CONFIG,I'm only Building a HIGH-END System,that2 on F***ing PREMIUM prices,due all sort of Bottlenecks of being located @rather the back-bracnches of the IT-enabled states of India.

So,just Cut out "crossfire" & other thing & practically make a Reality Check & advise thereby!!!

So,once again,What i said,DO THE NEW PRICE @ My NEW IT VENDOR makes any GOOD DEAL or agin i have 2 look for better price quoute from anothet Guy
(Beoz,Damm,Many of the TECH ENCLAVE Community Guys,including Funkymonkey & others seem 2 have their last say of the BEST PRICE Procurements from their Vendors)

So,If in the above config(Not Changing Now) what should be Best Prices,Lamington Road,etc,where I can GET the BEST PRICES for the products(particularly any Specific Vendor,where i can Order directly from Here @Ghy>>NAME THE SHOP WITH PHONE NO.)

HEY Ppl,dont make GO ROUND & ROUND IN CIRCLES,please help & advice something on Ground Realities,I AM TOO TIRED Going that WAY,mabe,too frustrated 2 get one simple PC Home!!!

Hope U Understand Now,Sorry for any Hard-talks!
So again,HELP,if u can!

***One More Imp thing,Will this NVIDIA Sli technology not going to be around for any further time,i,e the support for the SLI platform,or r they going 2 evolve SOON something much different,So will I be left in the lurch,investing in SLI( for frankly,i was only investing in SLI,tech bcoz,was thinking 2 invest a 2nd graphics card latter or atleast had the Chances of adding one latter there) SO WILL I BE SLI-SAFE In future-techwise?(Damm,for last abt 2 yrs ,i was eyeing the SLi-Tech & Now the ATI Croosfie,Now Where do i Look Beyond,I would n Spare the Tech-Guys,,THEY MAKE EVERYONE "MAD",including themselves for evolving tech-so fast,I WOULD PRACTICALLY KILL ME,iWITH MY OWN HANDS now,Damm KOB they R!) :evil:

Ringwraith

Journeyman
LOL :D ur mostly right...Ive observed many ppl on the forum who just give advice just for the sake of giving it, even if they have the very least idea abt it ;)
sorry if i offend someone..but this is a general comment not to be taken personally :D

back on topic the prices by ur dealer are indeed somewat higher than say mumbai..but I guess we should allow that since u are in guwahati..
i hope u are getting the 6800GT for 23k and the 6800 vanilla!! if he's giving u 6800 vanilla its time u looked at a different dealer!

abt SLI , nvidia is continously improving drivers and support for newer games, moreover forceware rel80 is supposed to infuse new life to SLI tech!
*theinquirer.net/?article=26276

however SLI is only particularly useful with high end cards...the higher end the better! :) its like
2*6600GT ~ 6800GT
2*6800GT ~ 7800GTX
so its always better to get a single more powerful card! however if u are short on cash right now (like me ;) ) SLI offers a good upgrade path of adding another GPU when the prices come down significantly

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hey, I only wanted to suggest one X800 XL (not two), but since someone mentioned about crossfire, that's why the topic came up of upcoming technologies and debate regarding SLI vs. Crossfire. The X800 XL is cheaper than the 6800GT but gives performance at par with 6800GT. You notice the difference between this and others at higher resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom