MOST URGENT!!! PURCHASING A HIGH-END GAME SYSTEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Hey Guys & EXPERTS like me-all

I am in An URGENT Need for HELP from the Forum

Purchasing/assembling a New System

But Very CONFUSED over The Prices,

.....SO CAN U ALL PLEASE ...Please HELP ME OUT in here

===========================
The Price Quoute as per following(in INR):-

1) AMD 64 939 3500+ = 14250

2) ASUS A8N SLI DElUX = 13500

3) HYNIX D43 Memory 1GB = 7000

4) SEAGATE 250 GB 7200 SATA = 6000

5) XFX Geforce 6600 GT 128 MB = 10500

6) 19" SAMSUNG 957 MB CRT = 14500

7) COMPRO VIDEOMATE PVR/FM TV Tuner Card = 2750

8) LITEON COMBO DRIVE( Black-Max Speed) = 2400

9) SONY FLOPPY DRIVE(Black) = 300

10) COOLERMASTER eXtreme POWER 430 WATTS smps psu = 3500

11) FULL TOWER ATX CABINET = 1000

12) CREATIVE INSPIRE 5200 5.1 =5200

*** I ordered for Logitech Z5500 THX 500w RMS speaker,& my vendor said they could procure them for
Rs.23500

13) APC 1000VA UPS(Black) = 7200

14) LOGITECH MX DUO WIRELESS KEYBOARD = 3600

15) HP PHOTOSMART 2608 MFD =13000

sO,THAT;S IT

so PLEASE PLEASE HELP.........

H've VERY LITTLE Time B4 ORDERING THE ABOVE, SO ALL AVDISE 2 ME ASAP

ABOVE CONFIGURATION IS A HIGH END 1(AS ALL U CAN C,ABV 1 LAKH,maybe)
SO DO HELP B4 I AM SOORY THAT I DIDNOT GET THE RIGHT FEEDBACK PRE- PURCHASE@FORUM

btw,THANKS FOR LISTENING & MAYBE sharing my WORRY!!!

IMP - Included below is the original price quotation
**(Do Ignore the spelling mistakes for the Items in theconfiguration)

*images1.fotopic.net/?iid=y92yuz&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well I suggest better wait and take off a day or two before actually ordering. You seem to be in quite a hurry to buy your new gaming PC, but if you get the wrong components in your PC you would have to suffer the next couple of years.

The quotation offered to you for the hardware components are on the higher side. Although you dun expect to have nearly the same prices in Guwahati as in other metros but do check other shops or distributors nearby or a bigger city if its nearby.

To get an estimate of the prices of components you can check www.deltapage.com and *www.computerwarehousepricelist.com/ pricelists.

Well if you are not interested in having two graphics cards in SLI, then why go for the a8n-sli dlx. Also instead of a 3500+ processor you can very well go in for 3200+ Venice core and save the money for a better graphic card. With the 3200+ you can go for the Asus A8n-e board which would cost round abt 7k. So you now have a better budget for the graphics card if you are a gamer and wont be upgrading any time soon.

Cross check the other component prices and ask your dealer to give you a better quotation.

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Help Me Anyway

Dear Sourabh,First tHANKS for the reply
..& surely HOPe u r the expert 2 advise me.....

but certain facts r surely to be known for better

I) First,I have Waited for a LOOOOOOOng enough period contemplating(& mostly Sulking) 2 buy the BEST system available:period....& its going 2 be a limit to my endurance if i dont have my Dream system(maybe) after 6 yrs stressful wait for a new replacement........so that way,i'm not in the RUN anyway!MAYBE,the Festive Seasons r having a Calling on ME.:lol:

2) As for the BETTER part,I know perfectly where i'm located & the ground realities(IT) ,what 2 expect.To be Honest,Maybe,the configuration(particular the proccy & Mobo)I would be the 1st one 2order out here.So,no BIG Metro comparison for me,but BTW,Guwahati is No Small Sleepy village anyway.(the Real Hindrance is IT Ignorance,as most of all U ppl face in most part of the country),Though it's alltogether another matter,For my above configuration on order,most of the items would be shipped Directly from Bombay/Mumbai or Delhi,& so a SMALL dealer margin is expected(BUT No WAY,can i justify a BROAD DAY LIGHT BURGLURY FOR ME ,AS THOUGH MONEY IN MY CASE MIGHT NOT TOP THE PRIORITY LIST,BUT STILL,I'M VERY MUCH A VFM BUYER)// Also,Contacted most major dealer/distributor in town,but the 1, I am referring to, is probably the Largest(in H/W network & marketing) one in here,spanning their OWN business(H/W) branches in Delhi,Bombay,& THE BIG METROS.& 2 Quote "DATAMATION(my vendor) BAGGED THE BEST RESELLER AWARD 2004"( Refer 2 CRN.i.e Computer Reseller News India)<anyaway,that'a a mystery till yet for me,HOW DID They Do IT,Going by my Personal Exp.)Also 2 Mention,every1,I personally e-mailed Mr.Arichit manmohan,Channel Manager AMD,East India,who quoted me a price of Rs 15500 for 3500+ excluding VAT & other charges & abt Rs 25500 for the 3800+,excluding VAT & other handling charges & ALL THAT FOR THE SINGLE CORE ONES!!!//So that was OFFICIAL-u know.

3) But again,getting feedbacks from varios sources,I feel i m getting fleeeced(from my vendor/dealer),particularly when i can avial purchase opps from B2cwebportals like Active-infocomm 0r Tech-mirchi,e-bay etc,which certainly can give u the BEST BANG for THe BUCK(in India),but isuues like Trust & Guarantee r still a issue very much.So waht abut YOU(sourabh) or the rest alike in this forum,who can give me personal feedback or the the pros-cons to purchase online,wherein i can get a better (Price) deal/////Please particlurly advise whether 2 purchase High-priced IT Items Online & HOW SAFE R THEY? //////

4) As for your advice regarding applying my RATIONAL in Purchase decisions & thinking 2ice b4 going for a SLI SETup,i think i stand on my grounds & rather clear on what my expectations r(Inspite knowing it all,i.e the downsides>> SLI implementation problem,Big Power requirement,Heat/cooling Issue,darn x'pensive for mobo.etc & particularly,if I dont go for a 2nd card at all),i'm firm by my side 2 go for it>SLI,because,HONESTLY,IF I HAD THE MONEY,I WOULD HAVE PUT 2 7800 in SLI,(But that's Just dreamin)Reality Check,For Money Constraints,now> 1 6600GT,after few months,get another 1,or get my best shot in bunking off the 6600GT's alltogether & get 7800 or atleast 2 6800GT's atleast.(&Maybe that's a Promise) <<< I may not be a FANATIC GAMER,but A surely a GamerJUNKIE of sort >>> <<< I m NO KIDDIE,DONT GO ON HYPE OR THE FDE(FORUM DEMONSTRATION EFFECTS),& So Hey I didn't go for the X2 Double Ones >>> So U C it urself where i Stand! Same also for 3500+ single core,& not for a mainstream 3200+VFM one,as every1 knows,todays MONSTERS R tomorrow's MINNOWS! HOPE I GET My Point across Now!

5) FINALLY,one Issue,which i didnot call upon u all in the earlier post,DO also put some pointers/Advisers to judge my selection of the PC & its components!

Till then,waiting openly for FEEDBAXCKS & particularly abt
the price quotation that i m getting from my vendor(C DA POST B4)

BTW,HONESTLY A GR88 THANKS TO ALL of U ,WHO CARES 2 HELP!

G

gxsaurav

Here is what I would recommend that u go for

1) 17" Samsung Syncmaster 793MB monitor that will be enough

2) SLI is useless, believe me, U will end up paying a lot more, & the heat issue are also very bad, better go for a 6800GT PCI-E if U want performance, that will do for a long time, if possible, later on sale it & buy a 7800GT when the prices come down

3) 1000 VA UPS is insane, go for a normal APC 600VS one, it will give u about 15 mins backup

4) 3500+ Venice will be a better choice, especially E6 core

5) unless u really need wireless keyboard & mouse, don't go for one, Logitech Internet pro desktop will do fine for U, it costs only Rs 1500

U R from guwahati :shock: , where there, I was born in gawahati

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
Logitech Internet PRo costs Rs.825 in chennai, bought iyt yesterday. Nice keyboard and optical mouse combination. cut of the cordless keyboard duo(if ya really wnt then go for it, no problem),. Get the A8N-E and get the BIG/leadtek, XFX 6800GT. Also buy the cabinet offerd by antec and the Antec True power 480. Coz u r buying a high end system, y r u settling for a cheap Cabinet. Also go in for Artic Silver 5 thermal paste.

Kniwor

Learner
I would strongly suggest you to rething on ur memory. That memory is crap.

Apart from that, SLI is absolutely useless if u dont plan on using it.

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Help Me ALL THE WAY!

Maybe.This time around,I am...rather.......a bit more GREEDY & LUSTY......Cant HELP It........IT's all Up in my MIND!

but anyway,Keep All your Genuine Feedbacks/Comments/Advices .....POURING IN

Maybe.....it will after all CURE MY LOST Senses!

BTW<WHAT ABT THE PRICE QUOTE,that MY VENDOR is Quoting, Is it ALL OK(not on Hghest side????)

So, as apparently all U know,My State of Affairs by NOW,Should I finally PLACE the ORDER(PC) with them???? (If even they dont Budge a Bit from their prices)

Do Know,I WANT MY PC Really BAD,by now,for it's A BIG PAIN in my A*s 2 long now!!!

ANyway,Keep the HELP CHANNELS OPEN 24x7,for I am Eagerly waiting for My PC as well as your Valuable Advises! PARTICULARLY FOR THEMOST CORRECT PRICE QUOTE for the Various Components,As they should REALLY COST anywhere

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Hello.
The prices are not ok at all. They look like 6 month old prices.
A8N SLI DLX is 8.8-9K now. And A8N SLI premium is for 11K, 2x512MB hynix will cost 5K at max,
That monitor costs around 12K.
So no the vendor you are going to is not giving you correct prices. Or he knows that you dont know much and ready spend and in hurry and trying to take advantage.
Tell us from which city you are and people will tell you other reputed vendors in that city.

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
Aright the prices are at a little high side. But you just add up these thisngs.

1. instead of the combp drive buy a Sony DRU-810A or Benq 1640 DVD writer.

2.I dont like the sound of that cabinet. Buy a cabinet from antec with at least 2 fans. Also get the PSU from antec.

3.Get a Geforce 6800GT for this rig not 6600GT.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
With a budget like that even my hands are begining to scratch in anticipation :lol:
Anyways Methinks some of the prices are a bit steep like AMD A64 3500+ S939 which is priced at 14,250 at your place whereas my friend out here recently got a AMD A64 3800+ S939 (Venice core) for 12k.

Nextly Dump the Hynix Ram idea as the one you are stating is way too pricy and that too for that cheap Hynix brand which roughly costs around 5.5k for a single 1GB module.Better go in for Transcend 512*2 PC3200 (400Mhz) modules and activate them in Dual channel mode to see things Blaze past by & each sticks will be costing atleast 2.5k each.

As for the Monitor i suggest a Acer AF715 costing 6.5k which is posibly the only monitor i know currently that supports the Max resolutions as high as 1600x1200 @75Hz.This will be quite enough for you but still if you want to go for a 19" do consider a Viewsonic E90 series.

Graphics card for such a config ain't a 6600GT but either a 7800GTX or 6800GT atleast as both these cards can give amazing frame rates and the former is the Single most powerful card out there(Also the one to be drilling a hole in your pocket :D).The sole reason i am asking you to ditch the 6600GT is because the upcoming games in order to be played at uber high resolutions needs a High end card and 6600Gt wont last that long enough to support them @1600x1200 resolutions with AA and AF.So only if the budget allows you then you can opt for this or atleast settle for the Powercolor Radeon X800XL 256MB PCi-E version for 19k.

Optical Drive IMO would be the Lite-On SOHW-1673S DVD Writer which must be around 4.3k.How can one think of a Config without a DVD Burner :wink:

I would say the Antec Super Lanboy is a good bet for the any gamer's Cabby Choice.Complete with LED set up this Cab is every gamer's Eye candy.The last i know it costed somewhat around 5.5k.:D In case you need a review *www.datafuse.net/superlanboy.php

The rest of the Specs are quite in place and if you consider the THX version of Logitech's X5500 it will blow the entire budget out of proportions not to mention exceeding way above the 1 Lakh mark.So my final question remains what is your Final Budget? :roll:

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
The super Lanboy costs 4.8k, i bought it 2 days ago.
Yes you shoyld opt for 6800GT as the minimum, since you want a high gaming rig. Dont forget that the SMPS palys a important role in your config. I dont know how this COOLERMASTER eXtreme POWER 430 WATTS smps psu. Better go for Antec True power 2.0 480W as ur components are power hunry such as the Graphics card.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
allwyndlima said:
With a budget like that even my hands are begining to scratch in anticipation :lol:
Anyways Methinks some of the prices are a bit steep like AMD A64 3500+ S939 which is priced at 14,250 at your place whereas my friend out here recently got a AMD A64 3800+ S939 (Venice core) for 12k.

AMD A64 3800+ S 939 priced at Rs.12000!!! Where on earth did your friend get that? 3200+ costs somewhere around 9.6k and 3500+ for around 14-15k...Please give the source so that I can buy that too.

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
First,Once Again,THANK YOU GUYS,U REALLY HAVE BEEN WONDERFULLY HELPFUL!!! UuuuuuuuM......Uuah
So,Some IMPORTANT clarifications,which should be made,aft so much involved discussions & HELP
//Now the following is serious

**** Scrapping the Whole Idea(PLAN A Configuration) & refreshing (MY) demands from Scratch for a NEW Plan B,after a relaxd cool bath!

1) Most Probably(95% sure),Not ordering@my Current vendor & Changing Vendor,Starting the Search Game ALL OVER AGAIN, FOR THE"ULTIMATE PRICE OF HIGH_END COMPONENTS @ GUWAHATI"

2) By The Looks (& Views of TRUTH 2),of the Fellow forum-members,Most probably(65-70% sure) not going for a SLI-setup /// Anyway for Non-SLI,what's the better,A8N-E.,or NEO4 Platinum

3) Again,by the Looks (& Views of TRUTH 2),of the Fellow forum-members not going for a 6600GT(100%) sure),but only for a 6800GT.(Yes I want my Game rig future-proof,atleast 2 yrs) //anyway,what's the BEST GENUINE Price for a XFX 6800GT ???

4) If Hynix D43 is ****,what's then for me,Kingston HyperX 512x2 OR WHAT & WHAT PRICE???
Anyway,wasn't the hynix the BEST Oc'ble Low Latency Value RAM?

5) I DEFINETLY want a wireless Duo(Key+Mice),as i have power sights & want to c,work & game on my big screen(19"),from a distance & the wireless ones works fine that wayBTW,i have a affinity for Logitech I-devices & find wirless MX-Duo a good choice(though heard they/co stooped the productn of da particular mdl),also di-novo for me seems a bit stretched,nor i like it's design/working scheme Much!

6) waht abt PSU & Cabinets?
I really didn't know HOW BAD COOLERMASTER PSU's are,which r anyway rated AHEAD in Price & Performance than The Antec Ones
....& also is 430 watts of power deffecient for a sLi or rather a NON-SLi rig? I really dont know then.......?

7) Stop thinking abt the Cabinet too,I'm in no way getting a CRAPPY one.YES,ANTEC SUPER-LANBOY would have been a Better READYMADE SOLUTION for my requirements with Leds & Built-in fans & all,But for me Cabinet asthetics Plays a Big Role,& there the LAN=Boy fails all the way for me.I m surely not taking that Ugly Beast(VERY PERSONAL CHOICE)|| Practically the COOLERMASTER cases appears muh better than Antec ones,though priced also steep higher||.Actually,if u have a good PSU & adequate cooling done,any cabinet runs ok,But what I want for a Cabinet is a Super cool one & unfortunately, very few cabinets r made that way in India.Some high-end cabinets from Zebronics(but no representation @guwahati) & tech-com,hav some fancy from me(not quality-wise surely).But wahtever it is,ithas 2 be a full-tower ATX with enugh spaces for extension & cooling(hopefully with a side-glass transperency).I hope u now better anyway!/for Rest,I would better decorate that myself.

8)Surely,I seem to sense sum goof up in the challenger price of rs 12,000 for the 3500+,as the official price is around 16000+(inclusive all),confirmed by mr Arichit Manmohan,Channel Manager AMD India peronally by a e-mail 2 me!

9) As for Not Including A DVD writer in my High-end selection,I already possess a BENQ 1620 16XDLayer DVD-writer in my System1 which i would be tranlocating 2 the new system as soon as it is built.
I actually wanted to go for a combo,bcoz i wanted to have the option of DVD-ripping/copying on the fly & also for ocassional CD-burning.Anyway,by the way,the prices r nose-diving,i'm thinking what-be -the-better deal,a combo drive or a dvd-writer for a 1,000-1200bucks more

10) Lastly,as many of those who r "itching their fingers" & making a curse on me,NO NEED 2 WORRYabt it-at-all,for folks,I'm not a damm RICH SPOILT KID nor do I have UNLIMITED BUDGET.Though by various hard-tried money management & other cost-cutting,i have maybe saved abt a Lakh bucks for my passion(PC),(but blv me,I'm Just a Simple Ordinary Guy like U all,who discuss every other IT & other topics that matter,f or all the most like we all Indian-techies/nerds r ,just that-VALUE FOR MONEY BUYERS. & TO CONCLUDE,I HOPE,my every-hard-earned money goes in earnest purchases that satisfies a Geek like me...... so there again..........

A FRESH REQUEST FOR NEW & FRESH LATEST NEWS ,INFOS &(price) QUOTES for MY (& maybe Yours too)PC PURCHASE , THIS SEASON.
[/b]

jay4u

In the zone
Deside what u want to do.... this forum is to help u out.... not to meet ur demands....... and we are not asking to buy anything ion particular.... just helping u out with our experiences and giving you various options........

Anyway..... 90000 not less money dude..... think twice before buy dude.......

Dont mind....... just a casual advice

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
Alright pal,
Build your system with this config
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ -----AFAIK this wont cost you more than 21 to 14k

Asus- A8N-E

2*512MB DDR 400 Twinmos Ram

250GB seagate SATA

LOGITECH MX DUO WIRELESS KEYBOARD

Microtech 800VA 2 batteries model(believe me man it good and offer moe back up time and also costs you around Rs.2400/-)

XFX/Leadtek/BIG 6800GT or 7800GT(This will surely come for 3 yrs man)

Samsung 19"957MB

Antec Smart power 2.0 450W/True power 2.0 480W

Antec/ coolermaster Cabinet(See to that it has two 120mm or atleast one 120mm.

and rest as you wish. Also tell whether you are going to overclock this kid.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
digitized said:
AMD A64 3800+ S 939 priced at Rs.12000!!! Where on earth did your friend get that? 3200+ costs somewhere around 9.6k and 3500+ for around 14-15k...Please give the source so that I can buy that too.
Dam a reply posted already.I had to edit my post and apologise for the same.Its the 3500+ which costs 12.5k and not the 3800+ :oops: The 3800+ is costing around 28k itself.:D Sorry for the mistake again.

//anyway,what's the BEST GENUINE Price for a XFX 6800GT ???
That would be around 24k whereas the Ultra with 256MB Vram is around 28k.

Anyway,wasn't the hynix the BEST Oc'ble Low Latency Value RAM?
Ummm.....Well actually that would be the Corsair's TwinX series.Those are the best O'cable Ram's out there not to mention the costliest one too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom