Most irritable Softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital2006

Broken In
Heres My List

Norton Av 2004,05,06,07,360
Kundli Pro(horoscope Soft)
Panda Av(almost As Good As A Panda Slleeeping)
Zone Alarm(made My Sys Crash)
And Most Importantly

Ms Office(you Hv To Fiddle Wid 1000 Settings To Make A Text Document!!! Arrrrrrrgh)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I can see people find softwares irritating when they can't configure them properly. MS office is the best Office software one can use...!

And please post genuinely irritable softwares. Windows is not the one atleast for me!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
guys how come ZoneAlarm is irritable???

atleast it does its WORK PERFECTLY, that is blocking unneccessary incoming/outgoing traffic. ;)

just coz its resource hog doesnt mean its irritating s/w, if your system cant handle it, dont install it.

ZA crashes or malfunctions if your system does not meet the requirements ->XP SP2. or due to some in-compatible AV s/w...

when you say Norton, i'll agree :)), coz its a paid product but still faaaaar behind the free AV solutions. (Detecting virus/trojans).

how many of you here use LimeWire?

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
i too use limewire.....prob with ZA is that it slows up the whole system performance.....as this is my case.....dunno bout others....

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
^ ZA free 7.5 worx perfectly 4 me. I am using it on an old system with 256 mb sdram and willamette p4 1.5. just turn off the mailsafe settings and antivirus monitoring.
I hate what they did to acrobat 8 with the pink pdf thumbnails. What an eyesore.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
i hate norton antivirus - bloody slows down the comp like hell and also SYSTEM MECHANIC great software ..... but hangs the system as its also very slow.... sick of both

buddy put a poll how many hate or like norton tat would be better :cool:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
to all LimeWire users, :D

hmm, so you never felt that LimeWire slows the system down , well it slows my PC, when i restore it (frm minimized state), it takes nearly 30 seconds for it to become functional, & in the process takes 90+% CPU & stops all other activities (WinAmp, Opera...) till it loads.

i've 256MB RAM pc, ZA remains OFF, when using LimeWire.

do get something (songs,...), we gotta tolerate something (pc slow down) :D

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
One of the software which I hate is "Download Accelerator Plus". Initial Free version came bundled with spywares. It is really sucking as a download manager. More over, it's takes a nice 5+ seconds to initiate a download!

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Kiran_tech_mania said:
One of the software which I hate is "Download Accelerator Plus". Initial Free version came bundled with spywares. It is really sucking as a download manager. More over, it's takes a nice 5+ seconds to initiate a download!

that is why i switched to free download manager

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
Wow , so many antivirus haters ...Pessimists excuse me but i dont have any
antivirus installed in my pc(they suck more than viruses i hope some guys support me) . i just have spybot for that purpose..and i advice all beginners(plz
dont post 'i already knew' comments) this stuff.ull love itz speed and u ensure at the same time that no program is slowing down ur pc.....well waitin 4 more critics

Third Eye

gooby pls
Kiran_tech_mania said:

Yup DAP sucks

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Ihatemyself said:
Wow , so many antivirus haters ...Pessimists excuse me but i dont have any
antivirus installed in my pc(they suck more than viruses i hope some guys support me) . i just have spybot for that purpose..and i advice all beginners(plz
dont post 'i already knew' comments) this stuff.ull love itz speed and u ensure at the same time that no program is slowing down ur pc.....well waitin 4 more critics
well even i wud be happy not to use AV solution (for system speed), but i'm NOT the ONLY user of my PC & the other users (my frnds), visit "those" sites :)) a lot, so.... :D

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
pityful man...ihate to share my pc wid anyone( i m not MEAN but some possessions shd be only your.......again sorry to repeat but i wud prefer hell to norton(hmmm somewhat)

Another one i hate is Internet Explorer 7.0( and ppl say microsoft has improved it) Firefox is best (opera is not so plug-in friendly) ....and i also hate nero showtime ...till it starting u could read 1/4 digit mag(ive done it)

Last edited:

digital2006

Broken In
navjotjsingh said:
I can see people find softwares irritating when they can't configure them properly. MS office is the best Office software one can use...!

And please post genuinely irritable softwares. Windows is not the one atleast for me!

well , the beauty of any software lies in ease of use . i agree that ms office may b good but i have found more people struggling with it than creating a professionally lookin document(they rather open notepad / wordpad). what is software when u spend time always configuring it ? MS should definitely add some wizard/quickstarter for easy configuring.

anyways, its always a matter of personal choice
no offence

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Ihatemyself said:
pityful man...ihate to share my pc wid anyone( i m not MEAN but some possessions shd be only your.......again sorry to repeat but i wud prefer hell to norton(hmmm somewhat)

Another one i hate is Internet Explorer 7.0( and ppl say microsoft has improved it) Firefox is best (opera is not so plug-in friendly) ....and i also hate nero showtime ...till it starting u could read 1/4 digit mag(ive done it)
IE7 when compared to IE6, has definetly improved :D

i'm using Opera for more than a year now, i tried FF, but too much plug-in thing, which Opera offered as "out of box".
(i'm not tryin to make another browser war).

what? nobody experiencing the LimeWire thing like me?

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Norton Antivirus and then comes Microsoft Windows !

@ kiran_tech_mania

did you try out DAP 8.1 premium??...i shud say...superb download manager...try out once !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom