morpheus virussed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anzaan

Broken In
hi .. here is my prob.
i used to use morpheus for downloading stuffs. nw lately i may have downloaded a virus along with a file. i use avast antivirus. wenever i run morpheus it detects the virus in "morpheustoolbar.exe" and morpheus hangs while opening. the avast aint able to rectify the error, so i "moved it to chest" i.e quarantind it. bt still morpheus doesnt runs.

i treied to uninstall n then again installed morpheus, bt the virus is still there, in the same file "morpheustoolbar.exe". wat is this? can any1 help.....plz

n can any1 advice for another free p2p software for downloading stuffs??

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@anzaan.....redownload the app from sum other location n install, if u get the same virus alert, prolly morpheus is puttin in sum adware/trojan in its product. u can of-course, move onto torrents

Last edited:
OP
anzaan

anzaan

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
LimeWire

search for LimeWire Pro :D (better speed & no annoying "need more resources" msg)​

thnx buddy. wl chck tat

gauravakaasid said:
@anzaan.....redownload the app from sum other location n install, if u get the same virus alert, prolly morpheus is puttin in sum adware/trojan in its product. u can of-course, move onto torrents

yeah.. tats wat seems to be the issue. sumthing wrong with the product nt my pc. nwyas thx for ur reply..

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
morpheustoolbar.exe is adware.
a boot-time spybot scan shud remove it.
finish off with ccleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom