More Explorer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run Windows XP Pro over 256 MB RAM on 1.7 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor.

> Whenever I switch on my system, I get an annoying message asking my to connect to the internet, showing the connections I have. These demands are from lzio.com and dealhelper.com. Are they spywares? I tried to do a Search & Destroy task but that didn't help. How do I avoid these messages?
> Whenever I try to select many desktop objects and move them to some place else, I get an error message saying an error has occured with Windows Explorer. Then the taskbar and desktop items go away. After some time, they come back. How to avoid this? I reinstalled my OS and other softwares yesterday.

BlAsTeR

Broken In
Goto control panel -> internet option
or right click internet explorer -> properties.
In connection tab Check Never dial connection.

In run type msconfig ,
remove unwanted startup entries.

Scan with Adaware SE

Are you running on SP2 ??
If not then install it and see if problem continues or not

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
looks like ur system is not updated....... apply XPSP2... it makes EXPLORER stable... (more more than it used to be)

Deep

Version 2.0
i can smell spyware..

download ad-ware

*www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

it shall do the job

Deep

dearnair

Right off the assembly line
It is good options, what BlAsTeR is suggested...anyway, even after removing its entry from start-up doesn't work, please try the following :

pls remove unwanted (which u find) entries from ur system's register entry with the following way

type regedit in run windows..select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then, select SOFTWARE, then select MICROSOFT, then select CURRENTVERSION, then select RUN (you can find few RUN FOLDERS, check them all)..then, c...if there will have any unwanted entries....just remove and restart ur system...i think it will work.

with best rgds.

Nair

dearnair

Right off the assembly line
I am really sorrty to admit that in my earlier message, i hd a mistake in mentioning the path of RUN in windows registery...pls..revise the same with the following path :

type regedit in run windows..select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then, select SOFTWARE, then select MICROSOFT, then select WINDOWS then, CURRENTVERSION, then select RUN (you can find few RUN FOLDERS, check them all)..then, c...if there will have any unwanted entries....just remove and restart ur system...i think it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom