monitor's refresh rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
max option 75 and the display kinda becomes blurry and the screen shifts ..

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
The higher, the better; mAV3.
So, in the Display Properties->Advanced->Monitor tab, check Hide modes the monitor cannot display and then select the highest. Usually required @least 75Hz.

The old refresh rate of 60Hz causes the display's image to flicker, causing eye fatigue and headaches in users. The new standard of the refresh rate is 75 Hz. A min refresh rate of 72Hz eliminates the flicker. For a monitor larger than 14" diagonal measurement, 75Hz or more is a more appropriate setting.

Note that not all refresh rates are available at all screen resolutions, so if you want to crank the rate higher, you may have to sacrifice resolution.

What's ur resolution? Lower it & u might get higher refresh rates. Try other rates.

I THINK THIS IS UR CASE...​
Some monitors give a blur @ 1024x768 & 75Hz, but work well @ 800x600 & 60Hz, although both r supported!!!
I've a Microtek monitor which works that way.

Just try the resolution-refresh rates combinations... something'll click.

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
generally 85 hz is used..I m also using 85 hz.But it depend on ur moniter and graphics card.I will suggest you to do a hit n trial method.

vikassethi

Broken In
If you have a good graphic card and at least a 17" monitor then you may get 100mhz. I work on 19" Viewsonic and get 100mhz. However, hit and trial is better. Go higher trying each resolution and if your monitor supports the highest then that is the one for you.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
all u ppl who think im using shivaji's monitor .... guys i hv a samsung lcd 17" Syncmaster 740N .... with a fx 5200 .... and i hv told u the problem with the display being set to 75Hz

vikassethi

Broken In
You would be able to run 85 or 90 mhz in that as I can do it in my other machine with almost same config. 75 or lower would give you flickers and headaches.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
flickers as in what the screen does go blank for a split of a second .... thts wen i realised something is wrong .... i dwnldd the drivers from samsung's site and now i hv only 60, 70 and 72 options available ...:confused:

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok searched wikipedia ....

Much of the discussion of refresh rate does not apply to LCD monitors. This is because while a phosphor on a CRT will begin to dim as soon as the electron beam passes it, LCD cells open to pass a continuous stream of light, and do not dim until instructed to produce a darker color. Pertaining to LCDs, see also response time and Input lag.

On smaller CRT monitors (14") few people notice any change above 60–72 Hz. On larger CRT monitors (17", 19") most people would experience mild discomfort unless the refresh is set to a more comfortable 85 Hz or higher. 100 Hz is comfortable for most people. However, LCD monitors do not suffer from the same problems as their CRT predecessors and the refresh rate simply does not mean the same. LCD or TFT monitors will provide excellent quality and resolution at 60–Hz

koolbluez said:
Monitor name no.?
go thru the thread ul find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom