Monitor turns of randomly - Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Right off the assembly line
Hello all, newbie to the forums here.

I have a 19" [at least I think it is] Proview LCD monitor that worked perfectly fine for about two years prior to having the error I'm having at the time being. What happens is; I plug my monitor into the computer and the power supply in the wall, and it turns on perfectly fine. HOWEVER, it turns off by itself in less than 10 or 15 seconds. The green light indicating that the monitor is still on remains on, and to get the image back I need to turn the monitor off and back on - only to have it turn off again in 10 seconds. It doesn't matter what refresh rate I have it on, let it be 60, 70, 72 or 75, it does the same thing! I don't understand though, it works fine... Then it just turns off. :-(

I have plugged my 26" Samsung HD TV into my computer and it works perfect - Same power options, same plugs, same settings; nothing is different.

I haven't tried plugging the "faulty" LCD into another PC however, only because I know it's going to do the same thing as it does on my computer.

Does anyone have a solution? I'm fresh out of ideas, been looking all over the internet for weeks and weeks now, and have finally decided to make a thread about it on a forum, this seemed the most active so I gave it a shot. I've tried to explain my problem in as much detail as possible, so I hope it helps.

ANY help is appreciated... Thank you in advance for also reading this relatively lengthy post.

~synergy.

prateek007391

In the zone
usually these things happen due to some voltage fluctuation or high voltage

I got the same problem I had 19" TFT Monitor

rather send it to company for repairing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom