monitor shows "no screen" msg with gigabyte PCI E gfx card

sukesh1090

Adam young
today while browsing the internet the monitor went blank,nothing was working and I restarted the system after that monitor shows "NO signal" error message even though the cpu is working correctly.after that i removed the VGA cable and refitted it then it worked fine and after another normal restart ,same problem and none of the fixes are working not even refitting the cable.when i boot with the on-board gfx every thing is fine monitor or whole system works perfectly but only with the discrete it gives error.
it is a branded ACER computer, don't know anything about the MOBO model and BIOS is american mega trends.
system spec,
Intel Pentium dual core E 5200
2GB DDR2 RAM(again brand don't know the model and brand)
gigabyte GT 210(GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce 200 Series - GV-N210TC-1GI)
ACER X193w monitor.
here is the link for BSOD error msg of my system details,
Configuration -

k guys here is a update.now the system is working correctly with the discrete.don't know what happened.this is system is behaving weird.doesn't wake up correctly from the hibernate.i think the culprit may be PSU.what say guys?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
first of all, check if GPU fan is spinning. secondly, if you can try that GPU in your PC. it can turn out that GPU is dead or the the PCIe slot has developed some problem due to moisture.

also when you check the monitor using IGP, you removed the GPU or simply changed port?

also just zip & upload the memory dump files to some filehosting site and give the link here. the link you gave is not showing anything.

yup. PSU can be the culprit here. but then the GPU doesn't need any external power. usually these branded system use a very low wattage PSU (~200W). so it can be the PSU also.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I can't see your config at the link given by you.
As it is branded PC, you can't open it without voiding warranty. So, I guess PSU is the culprit as it is the most neglected part in any branded PC. Reason sounds silly, but very true.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i think that links to some memory dump error checking site.

So, I guess PSU is the culprit as it is the most neglected part in any branded PC. Reason sounds silly, but very true.

power is fed into GT310 through the PCIe slot. so in case of PSU problem, chances are whole PC will not start.

but it can be PSU problem too.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
ok guys i will see what i can do with the memory dump file.i don't know whats happening,some times the gfx card works perfectly and some times the system goes blank when in idle and after that the same error "no signal" after 2-3 restarts then again it works.the thing is motherboard is not giving any error beeps.
so only thing comes to my mind is psu or could it be any problem with the mobo power management?btw the crash report was saying something about the dxkernel error...
ok guys here is the link for the dump files
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I faced similar issue - remounting the ram modules fixed the issue ;-)
so I recommend you to remount the gfx card and memory modules.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if it was a software error you will also face it when using onboard but your onboard gfx is working fine - so remount the ram and gfx card ( clean the slots as well ) - install latest gfx card driver and DrirectX runtime package.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
As it is branded PC, you can't open it without voiding warranty. So, I guess PSU is the culprit as it is the most neglected part in any branded PC. Reason sounds silly, but very true.

i will correct this as far as i know Hp,Compaq,Dell,HCL & Acer warranty is not void if u open the chassis cover confim it from acer CC

secondly i have seen many 210&9500 gts running on the local brand psus without any problems so i doubt is a psu but better check it first just to be safe

use @bios & see the if there is any update for the GPU BIOS

Finally post the pics of the MB so that we can find the OEM if possible so the u can update the mb bios

sukant

Fragholic
Have used 8600 gt on a 450 watt local smps for 3 years , but never faced an issue with other components. Having said that its always better to go for branded SMPS to be on the safer side.
But unless you are in major cities or a member of some tech forums chances are very very less you will be spending more than 600 bucks on your smps :).

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
ok guys actually it is my cousin's system and for now it is working perfect so i left it alone.will check and post back if he faces the problem again.thank you guys.

Top Bottom