Monitor 's problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
My monitor has developed some problems. When I turn on my PC some sort of sound comes up for a few seconds. when I turn it off and power it on again sound disappears. Sometimes the monitor turns off on its own and even after repeated pressing of the power button it does not turn on. After 1-2 minutes it turns on. I checked the power options and found that 'never' was selected in 'turn monitor off after'.

I have P3 800 MHz Win XP & Win 98SE OSs and HP monitor.

rajesh

Journeyman
Check your cabling. Could be the problem. Also if cables turn out to be OK, then check your Monitor. Monitor is the most robust of the computer and long lasting. So most probably it shouldbe the cabling.

OP
S

Shikhar

Journeyman
I removed the cable and reconnected it but with no success.

Earlier my DVD ROM drive was giving me problems. It did not work. On the advice of swatkat and few other in this forum I did the following.
Yesterday , I opened up the cabinet and removed the power cable of my LG DVD ROM drive configured as secondary master and reconnected it. The DVD ROM drive started working normally.

My monitor turns off on its own. I have noted that this problem mostly occurs when I turn on my monitor after some time ( about 10 minutes) after it was turned off initially.

Also today when I turned on my monitor there was continuous change in the intensity of light coming from the monitor. I tried moving the power cable a bit , but it got fixed on its own in about 10-15 seconds.

When the monitor was in on mode but was not showing anything and was completely blank , I removed the connection cable from the back of my cabinet. Earlier whenever there was no signal a message saying "No signal preset mode" used to mode. But this time it did not come even after repeatedly turning it on and off.

Is this problem related to the power supply of my computer or is this problem only of my monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom