Monitor Required Budget 6k to 7k !!

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hi friends

i want to buy a computer monitor for home use, main use is watching movie, and usual home use like ms office, internet, etc,

My budget is 6 to 7 k, i will be buying from lamington road or online shops

it should be with good viewing angle and widescreen,

please suggest some good models

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if your main usage is watching movies then do not get anything less than ips panel & best budget ips panel is dell S2240L for ~8-8.5k.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
This is best under 7k - Dell E2014H 19.5 inches LED Backlight LCD Monitor - Buy Online @ Rs.6832/- | Snapdeal.com

Dell In2030m is not available now

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
the monitor will be used very often to watch movie in a bedroom, so viewing angle is very important here, the Acer one is only having 90 degree viewing angle

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
read my earlier post.even if a TN panel specification states viewing angles very close to IPS panel no TN panel comes even close to actual viewing angles & colours of IPS panel.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Difference between TN vs IPS Panel:

TN screens tend to be faster at a cost of color accuracy and viewing angles(view from the side/above/below).

IPS panels are FAR better for color and viewing angles at a cost of overall speed.

60 to 120 is noticeable to most gamers for sure(even without 3D). I personally have mid way point(S-PVA) screen with rather good color(better IMO than many i see today) and mid level response(for a screen that is 5 years old). Next to a TN it looks better but has more input lag for sure(some users will not notice it while others may go nuts).

I always recommend looking at the screens in store to see what YOU like since specs only go so far.

Another thing you may wish to look for is IPS glow as some users do not get bugged by it, but it drives me nuts.

This IPS screen at MAX brightness(dynamic contrast was OFF) was not only darker(It had a "game mode" that fixed the darkness but made everything all banded.) than my other screen at 23%, but had some bad glow. Again, many users do not notice or are nto bugged by this.

S-PVA next to IPS(not a real cheap, but not the most expensive one)
*imageshack.com/a/img441/4199/dsc0262dr.jpg

This does NOT mean IPS is bad(quality screens with a polarizer have NO glow.). I have seen some good cheap IPS screens with way less glow from LG

dabster

In the zone
if your main usage is watching movies then do not get anything less than ips panel & best budget ips panel is dell S2240L for ~8-8.5k.

+1 for S2240L its an AH-IPS Panel and beats all competition [in this price]. Color Gamut is just too good.

I have seen some good cheap IPS screens with way less glow from LG
.. and Dell which actually is an LG Panel has been able to push products in market at very competitive prices..

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
^^^I have bought S2240L For my friend from indiatimes for 8.5K. It is Awesome For The price You pay. I will strongly recommend That Monitor because Monitor is one time investment and you don't change monitor too often.

Top Bottom