Status
Not open for further replies.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
CAN WE START A NEW THREAD ON MONITOR ONLY ?

1) mention your monitor with COMPANY name and MODEL no,

2)date purchased and by how much

3)supported by which mobo and/or graphics card

4)PROBLEMS found

5)any special features of your monitor.

6) any tweaks you have done to it

7) any mod you have done to it.

and last but not least at all: any question regarding monitor.

(SEEING IS BELIEVING)

I WOULD LIKE TO POST MY FIRST QNS:

Does amd 790 GX MOBO without any graphics card support 22" monitor of any make?

^ if you dont have video card inbuilt then, its a must you use a discreet card, otherwise how would you get output- question of screen size doesn't arise.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
^ if you dont have video card inbuilt then, its a must you use a discreet card, otherwise how would you get output- question of screen size doesn't arise.

It is a board from ASUS namely M4A78T-E. Specifications:

*images.hardwarecanucks.com/image/mac/reviews/asus/M4A78T-E/M4A78TE_3.jpg

now suggest

Piyush

Lanaya
^^Benq 22 hd lcd is available under 10k?
is it good compared to other brands?
suggest a few more under 10 k with 22"screen and good resolution also

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
me using benq g2220 hd lcd.... superb monitor.... hd playback is also very good.... it has only 1 con - no hdmi port(it has dvi and vga).... but it is available under 8k(7.6k).... you should also look at benq e2220 hd lcd.... same monitor but with hdmi port.... price is 8.5k....

courtesy:- nehru place

Piyush

Lanaya
^^thanks
but any other recommendations ?
or any tips buying a new one?
and whats the max res of urs?

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
max resolution:- 1920*1080(full hd)....
buy a new monitor according to the graphics power that you are buying....

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
except for gaming.

That means for gaming i need to buy a discreet GRAPHICS CARD & more the honey more the sweeter. So what is the benefit of having a mobo with onboard graphics? I mean what this IGP is basically for?

^^Benq 22 hd lcd is available under 10k?
is it good compared to other brands?
suggest a few more under 10 k with 22"screen and good resolution also

AOC 2236 VW
DELL ST2210

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
That means for gaming i need to buy a discreet GRAPHICS CARD & more the honey more the sweeter. So what is the benefit of having a mobo with onboard graphics? I mean what this IGP is basically for?

IGP gaming is limited to 1024X768 or the next resolution. within these resolution u will get playable FPS with mid settings or full settings.

at FULL HD, most games will either crash or will give u FPS. now think playing NFS Shift in SlideShow mode, forget Crysis. it'll b long ago crash the system. its similar trying to run Crysis on a 19" powered by G31 with everything set to high.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
IGP gaming is limited to 1024X768 or the next resolution. within these resolution u will get playable FPS with mid settings or full settings.

Understood

at FULL HD, most games will either crash or will give u FPS.
not understood. FULL HD MEANS WHAT?

Plain & simple I can buy a 22" monitor plug it and can watch MOVIE, do normal office work in MSOFFICE, BROWSE INTERNET,play STRATEGY GAME.

BUT whenever FPS games will come into consideratiion i need to buy a graphics card. is that so?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Full HD is a resolution standard which starts with 1080p. That is 1080 lines of resolution, which are progressively scanned, not interlaced. This is the minimal. So if you have a monitor with 1920x1080p, it is 1920 horizontal lines x 1080 vertical lines. Imagine 1920 slices lined up, and subsequently stacked 1080 times, to give the full resolution. The composite of the above gives the amount of pixels on a screen, and FPS is the frames being rendered. So a GPU is doing a whooping 1920x1080x60 pixel render within one second if the FPS = 60. Wow that is a lot.

Now the above you mentioned, movie, ms office, browsing all fall in the realm of 2D. So it can be rendered without a GPU. But for 3D (games) a discrete VGA is required, since the computations and render speed is so high. Hope this makes sense.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Full HD is a resolution standard which starts with 1080p. That is 1080 lines of resolution, which are progressively scanned, not interlaced. This is the minimal. So if you have a monitor with 1920x1080p, it is 1920 horizontal lines x 1080 vertical lines. Imagine 1920 slices lined up, and subsequently stacked 1080 times, to give the full resolution. The composite of the above gives the amount of pixels on a screen, and FPS is the frames being rendered. So a GPU is doing a whooping 1920x1080x60 pixel render within one second if the FPS = 60. Wow that is a lot

understood clearly. thanks.

Now the above you mentioned, movie, ms office, browsing all fall in the realm of 2D. So it can be rendered without a GPU.

means onboard graphics is enough with a 22" MONITOR.

But for 3D (games) a discrete VGA is required, since the computations and render speed is so high.

That's it. Here comes the qn of a separate graphics card like ATI OR NVIDIA. GOT IT. AND almost all the games today fall under that 3D arena.

one more qn: The Microsoft game AOE which is a strategy game falls under 3D? I DO NOT THINK SO coz i can play it without any problem now.

^ you can play low end , less power hungry games, also 3d on igp which has chipset like 4200, at low res, however games like crysis, codmw2, etc, to name a few, you need a definite discreet card, and if the card belongs to high end categories of both manufactures, then you can play at high resolutions on 24" or 30" lcds.

evewin89

In the zone
guyzz... plz tell me the exact review of samsung-P2350 as i m planning to buy it.
if possible plz post the current price of this monitor.

according to one person who is having this monitor posted a comment on
*www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/55013-29-samsung-p2350-p2370
which is (I bought the P2350 from Sam's Club in January becuase the price seemed too good to be true - besides, I had used 17" and 20" Samsung monitors in the past. Now, I can tell you there IS a reason for the cheap price and a reason no one else sells these monitors. My screen turned pinkish after three weeks. The color cast could not be adjusted out so I returned the defective monitor to Sam's. Because of my past experience with Samsung, I did a swap-out for another P2350. The new one started turning itself off after one week. At first it happened once every two days . . . then the problem increased to once an hour. So I returned the second monitor for a refund. After experiencing two defects in a row, I have a better understanding of why Sam's is the only retailer with these and why they are so cheap. Oh, by the way, I am forgetting about that new Samsung 55" LED TV I was thinking about.)

so kindly give ur valuable suggestion so that i can take my decision.

Last edited:
OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Ok guys now tell me which 22" monitor to buy that will include

1) vga, dvi & hdmi port?

2)under 10 k.

3) with respective port cables included.

viewsonic needs no mention.

My preference is DELL ST2210.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
My preference is DELL ST2210.
nice monitor....

you may also look for BENQ E2220 HD lcd.... its has all the things that you want and would priced around 8.5k(probably lesser then that as i saw this price 3 weeks before)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom