Monitor problem .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I am having Compaq presario desktop....

From yesterday i am facing a strange problem...the screen is getting distorted everytime I start my PC...two black bars..with somewhat semi--circular shape is comming..

What happened to the monitor....??What next should be done..??

Someone please reply.....is there any possibility of malfunctioning of SMPS...

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try degaussing it from your monitor controls (The symbol would be something like a horseshoe magnet with a cross)

Also if applicable, move your speakers away from the monitor, the bars might just be a magnetic disturbance.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
QwertyManiac said:
Try degaussing it from your monitor controls (The symbol would be something like a horseshoe magnet with a cross)

Also if applicable, move your speakers away from the monitor, the bars might just be a magnetic disturbance.

I don't think it is a magnetic disturbance...because...the speakers are kept where they are for 2 years and never have any such problem bcoz of them....also......the screen is not shaking as in the case of magnetic disturbance of mobile or speaker when brough near it....

I think its some other problem......does SMPS ..has anything to do with this ???

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
ravi_9793 said:
^^^^^^smps has nothing to do with moniter visual effect.

......thanks....I realised..later that the SMPS question was just a silly one...sorry for that ...

pritishpaul

Right off the assembly line
Naaah guys..what i think that it si surely a Display driver prob..cuz i regurlar keep on xperimenting on my PC.and faced such things..:).see what has hapnd is ur drivers two of the base dlls hve ben damaged ...causing da malfunction..i hv suffered it lots of times..
as i duuno bout ur display driver /adapter so..if ur supports repairing..its better otherwise only way is to FORMAT......u can also see reinstalling that one..but i dont think that will help..:)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
dunno . mind telling if the problem occurs only in windows or even when u're seeing the bios setup ..
if its only in windows , as pritishpaul said , it might be a driver problem . see if changing resolution &/or refresh rate helps ..
if not , its a definite hardware monitor problem . also i feel u cant rule out faulty graphics card or igp as the case may be or heating issues (i dunno abt this much , ...but 1st suspect wud be the monitor itself...does ur pc overheat neway??) ..

mostly its the monitor itself causing the prob . .try it in ur frends house . . bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom