Monitor cum tv needed

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Pls suggest a good MONITOR that will work as a TV.

Expected Resolution :1920*1080(FULL HD)

Expected Screensize: 24"

Panel Type: IPS

What will the best way to watch TV Programmes in a Computer?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
to watch TV in a PC you need a TV tuner.to watch TV on a monitor you just need a set top box.unless you want to record something best way is to get a monitor & use it for both PC & TV by simply connecting the desired input.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@minion,if op wants to watch TV in PC he will need a tv tuner & as for being a LCD TV it doesn't matter because in built TV functionality can only be used for usb playback since digital cable/DTH set top box does not rely on in built tuner of lcd tv.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
i want to watch TV in my PC and my objective is to record the programmes of DISCOVERY & NAT GEO. So which TV Tuner card is required ? Not very cheap neither very expensive yet a good performer.

Minion

Conversation Architect
@minion,if op wants to watch TV in PC he will need a tv tuner & as for being a LCD TV it doesn't matter because in built TV functionality can only be used for usb playback since digital cable/DTH set top box does not rely on in built tuner of lcd tv.

No tv tuner can match picture quality of tv so i have suggested that.

@OP if recording is main concern then get a good tv tuner card(HD) with recording.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^you didn't get what i said.tv tuner is only for recording purposes because op has to get a set top box & it can be directly connected to TV/monitor to simply view the channels in best possible quality.also cheapest HD tv tuner card from a good brand like avermedia cost ~7000 so it is out of question.only tv tuner within op's budget comes with composite video/s-video good enough only for medium quality & certainly no HD quality recording.

Top Bottom