Moderate Gaming PC - URGENT Config Help

sirramzy

Broken In
What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:

Gaming
HD movies
Audio Editing Softwares
Downloading
Internet Browsing

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: I'd be VERY VERY interested to find a CLOSEST alternate to my config... in an AMD !!!

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 35K to 38K
4. Planning to overclock?
A: No !

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7 - 32 Bit

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: >1 Tb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: I have a 15" Samsung Syncmaster - future upgrade of LCD Monitor

I think i have played games on 1280x780 all this while
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 4

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: This would be assembled by the vendor i buy from

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: in the next 7 days !!

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: I'd prefer a 3 year 'future proofing', since gaming is just my hobby.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: I have a LCD Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Hard Disk (internal External over 1 Tb), DVD R/w

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I am in Noida, and i shall buy this from Nehru Place

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I'm an editor by profession and just an average gamer, open for playing in Medium-high settings.

I am looking at the BELOW configuration-

Although i have never bought an AMD system before but i'm open for a AMD config If it would save me some money...

Intel System
Processor Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost)
Mobo Gigabyte H67 UD2H B3 rev 1.1
Ram Corsair 2*4GB DDR3 1333 MHz C9 Desktop Memory
GPU Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6850 11180-00 1GB GDDR5
Cabinet NZXT Gamma
PSU Corsair VX 550

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the following GPU+PSU combination

Sapphire HD 6870 1 GB @ 11.2K + Corsair GS 600W 80+ certified @ 3.9K

Demon Lord

Journeyman
CPU-i5 2500k@11000 MB-Asus p8h67 m B3@6000 GPU-SAPPHIRE 100312SR Radeon HD
6950 2GB@15000
RAM-2x2gb Kingston ddr3
1333:2600 rs
Cabinet-Cooler Master Elite
430@2700
Power Supply-Corsair vx 550W@2550
TOTAL-approx 38k
Get a Z68 MB if available

game-freak

In the zone
my suggestion:)
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500|10000
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL|5500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL|2200
Graphic Card |msi GTX 560ti twin frozr|13500
PSU |SeaSonic S12II 520|4100
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
| Total |37800

Piyush

Lanaya
gamefreak's suggestion is the perfect one
and if you want to reduce price a bit, then go for NZXT gamma @ 2k and Corsair VX 450W @ 3.5k to save 1.1k

Cilus

laborare est orare
Piyush, I really think we should go for Corsair GS600 which is available @ 4K everywhere instead of VX450. It is far more future proof for system upgrades and the build quality of that PSU is far better than a lot of other brands. It comes with 3 Yrs of warranty, 80+ certification and a whopping 48A current in 12 volt rail.

And GTX 560 Ti actually consumes more power than even HD 6950 2 GB. So may be VX450 can handle it but I am not sure how stable the system will be in long run, especially 1 quad core CPU, tons of rams are installed.

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Thanks for all the replies,

I am assuming there's no AMD setup that can achieve what the aforementioned Intel setup can ? (even if its slightly low on vis-a-vis benchmark results - compared to Intel i5 2500)

I wonder if i can save money with an AMD setup and buy a UPS + Monitor ? but i don't wanna compromise too much on the gaming capabilities

How much can i get a cheap but efficient UPS for ? i only need a 2 Minute backup... to shut things down..

I might be going to Nehru Place this Saturday, to scope for the components basis the FINAL configuration i shortlist by tomorrow.

Cilus

laborare est orare
is GS series really good?
i would compare it to CM GX series if asked.

Piyush, check some reviews of GS series before commenting. Presustained judgment is not a good thing. In most of the reviews it has been considered an excellent product compared to its price.
CM GX series is not even 80+ certified whereas GS is. In all the load situations it delivered above 80+ efficiency and in Mid load it provides more than 85% efficiency. Through out the test it has displayed excellent voltage regulation.

The reviewers said that although it is marketed as Price/Performance product, it is actually a quality product despite its lower price. I've posted the review link in Jas' GPU at 12K thread. Check it out.

Piyush

Lanaya
hmmm....will do that
its just that i sometimes feels why are they launching cheap PSUs ?
they used to charge good money for their VX series( if GS is meant to replace VX)

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is actually their marketing strategy to market their product in Asian countries. Initially countries like India has very little number of computer users but currently the density of using computers/ Gamers are increasing here by leaps and bound. So Indian market is actually very attractive for all of those manufacturers. That's why they are launching little cheap products. Other thing is stiff competition with other manufacturers. Seasonic, FSP...the OEM makers are now into the business in full strength and offers PSU with same performance in lower price.
Thats why GS series is targeted in the mainstream market...it is a quality products in budget.

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
my suggestion:)
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500|10000
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL|5500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL|2200
Graphic Card |msi GTX 560ti twin frozr|13500
PSU |SeaSonic S12II 520|4100
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
| Total |37800

Hi,

Is the Intel Motherboard you have listed good ? i've had some bad experiences with Intel Motherboards...

how do you rate Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H or Asus M4A88T M/USB3

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Thanks !

so this is how the final config is looking like.

Processor Intel Core i5 2500 Rs. 10000
Motherboard Intel DH67BL Rs. 5500
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL Rs. 2200
Graphic Card msi GTX 560ti twin frozr Rs. 13500
PSU SeaSonic S12II 520 Rs. 4100
Case CM Elite 430 Rs. 2500
Total Rs. 37800

How is Corsair VX550 for a PSU ? i was told its Rs. 4700... is it more reliable ?
I don't wanna take chances since the GPU seems to be a beast !

Also, Please recommend a GOOD but budget UPS... bearing in mind, i'm not looking for a HUGE backup... but only a steady power supply

I'd get this config assembled this saturday itself...

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
corsair vx550 is one of the best PSU out there in the market, its more than reliable ;)

better pay 1.4k more to buy MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Hi All,

I had a quote received against the components enquired as suggested, and below is the cost.. can you please ratify and let me know if there is room for negotiations ?

Component Name Cost
Proccy Intel Core i5 2500 11200
Mobo Intel DH67BL 5800
Memory Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM 2800
GPU msi GTX 560ti twin frozr 14200
Cabinet ??
PSU Corsair Vx550 4900
UPS ??

Also, CM Elite 430 was not available, is there an alternate ? i was told NZXT GAMMA is also very good and reasonably priced.

I would also appreciate if you can suggest a GOOD UPS... which is not very expensive.

I'm looking to close the deal tomorrow.

Top Bottom