Modem problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
My modem is working fine, but the only problem is when ever i dial I hear the modem dial the number from the modem speaker itself and not from my PC speakers. How can I configure it so that I hear the volume from the PC speakers and not from the modem speakers when it dials.
Modem : CXT Connext 56K modem

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I dont Suppose That's Possible.....Cause the Dial Tone is Produced From The Speaker Of The Modem That Is the Sound Is Integrated On It.....So The Sound May Not Be Directed Via Pc Speakers..... :roll:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well tech...actually its true that u wont get ur dial sound from an external modem as it has its own speakers n it makes its own noise....thats not d case in internal modem where u do hear in ur speakers

only way out is to connect ur speaker jacks in ur modem socket then modem turns off its sound n lets ur speaker do d noise...gud luk

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Actually the modem has a small buzzer that is used to give an audio indication of the events on the tele line. It is possible to have the dial tone on the speaker Does your modem have an external speaker connection like the dlink external modem has?

Neeraj

Broken In
well i have two modems both 56 kbps one is motorola n another is d`link
well in motorola u can configure directly from options wether u want the sound fron the speakers[pc] or directly frm modem
as for d link in win 98 it can be configured but dont know bot xp
well but u have connexant i dont think it is possible by da way u got a speaker phone or a simple data\fax modem well check out if its speakerphone then u can accomplish wat u want

tuxfan

Technomancer
If it is an internal modem, you can check out the settings and it can be done. If it is an external modem, you will have to connect speakers to the jack provided in the modem.

Tech&ME said:
My modem is working fine, but the only problem is when ever i dial I hear the modem dial the number from the modem speaker itself and not from my PC speakers. How can I configure it so that I hear the volume from the PC speakers and not from the modem speakers when it dials.
Modem : CXT Connext 56K modem

Iv got da same internal modem, but i dun use it nemore. It doesnt support the speakers to be plugged in for producing some GOOD QUALITY fax tones. Bad luck! :roll:

I might as well listen to some good KENNY G music rather than this!!! :lol:

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Well! I know anyone would be foolish to hear such a music from the modem itself and talking about hearing it from the PC Speakers??? is also something.... but u know as I like to try out things I thought it would be to try out this one as well! The answer that I found is the drive for the modem has now been automatically update and hence it will no more make noise from the PC speakers!!! I didn't knew that the driver was updated by windows xp before putting up this topic, sorry for this!! Anyways it always good to know want ELSE you can do with your PC.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya thanks, actually I again went to the windows update site and updated the drivers for my modem, now my modem sings from the PC speakers!!! thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom