modding my cabinet with LED strip, nice and cheap look guarenteed

max.4u

And the heavens shall >D
hi there..:)) well this can be applied to any cabinet having a nice ground clearance, got the LED strip from SP road, Bangalore, 120/meter and 2 meters was sufficient , also requires some basic solder skills and may be a bit of patience and planning:))

places added LED strips, my cabinet, CM Strom, had already a front fan with red LED, so firstly got the idea of putting the strip beneath the cabinet and it looked very nice. .. but the glow overrides the default lighting system, so had to open the front panel and put some pieces of strip before the fan and that pretty much balanced the overall look, then pasted some to the cabinet door, so that they dont focus outside all my room, instead they just glow inside the box..

here are some pic in darkness and normal operating conditions.

before
*i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/max_here/_I0266.jpg
after..
*i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/max_here/_2012-03-17021326.jpg

*i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/max_here/_2012-03-17021617.jpg

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
nice one
it is really giving a good feel will try with blue leds

and can you post the link for that keyboard modding also which is mention in your sig

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Add some ambient lighting to the back of monitor. Reduces eye strain.

*zapp5.staticworld.net/images/article/2011/09/ftvl7q8gqrbnx98-5213784.jpg

manikant

THE EVOLUTION
*img1.orkut.com/images/milieu/1276127836/1300079683337/308632057/gq/Z1w8up9t.jpg

Earlier in 2008, I used 4 LEDs and a 120ohm resister, and this was the result. Very Cheap, not a great mod, but good for a beginning.

zoro123

Right off the assembly line
This is really awesome, Can someone point out me the procedure about adding LED strips to Cabinet. Actually, I have got Lot of 2 pin connectors from the cabinet front panel which are connected to the lightning On/Off switch at the top of the panel.

I want to some LED strips inside the cabinet and also to the fans.

Top Bottom