Modding ASUS MeeGo Netbook

rakesh_sharma23

In the zone
Modding ASUS MeeGo Netbook .

Two days ago I purchased a ASUS Meego Netbook..just for internet use..But with Atom single core @1.6ghz , 1 GB ram and 250 GB hdd..it was a real poor experience…

But I Modded it, so this is the story..
*i39.tinypic.com/2s8683n.jpg
*i42.tinypic.com/303fjtx.jpg

Good Netbook very thin and light weight..
First Upgrade the RAM.. there you go 2GB 1333. That’s the MAX this net book can handle.
*i40.tinypic.com/2efrzpi.jpg

Now let’s see what more can be done..
For that I have to VOID the WARRANTY.
Cool.. Say bye-bye to the warranty seal…
*i44.tinypic.com/davk.jpg

Bought another Corsair F80 SSD for this…
*i43.tinypic.com/xqc50p.jpg

HDD is out..
*i43.tinypic.com/do9lpi.jpg

But what the hell,, this is a Ultra thin HDD… there is no room for SDD to be installed inside the Netbook..
*i44.tinypic.com/ornhnm.jpg

Don’t worry … Say good bye to SSD Warranty..
I am loving it… … to VOID WARRANTY….
*i41.tinypic.com/ohqn2d.jpg
*i39.tinypic.com/6thhq9.jpg

Now SSD fits inside the NetBook..
Now question is how netbook will respond to these update… So I have made two videos one of start up and second showing how fast netbook is responding.

Videos ..

*youtu.be/iBUvvP-BR9s

*youtu.be/Tg1UQZICtFg

I am really happy with the speed ..If I have to scale the overall performance boost for this netbook..i will say 1 for the stock netbook and 10 after the update.. it is now flying in day to day work..like word , excel, internet surfing ..not more than that.

Thanks
Rakesh Sharma

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
WTH!!! voiding warranty just like that. but nice modding. for a second i thought you'll swap the Atom single core with a PineTrail based dual core or even water cool it. should be socket compitable unless of course soldered to the board.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ some of your tinypic pictures are being deleted or removed. Please re-up so that others can see all the pics. :)

Top Bottom