Mod-free?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

qwe1

Straight-edged
seeing as there have been numerous bans and flame wars in this section,wouldn't it be fair to ask for a mod-free,anything goes(except sexual imagery/links & piracy) sub-section?

this could be used to express ourselves w/o vocal restraint.

putting up a poll.mods please consider it

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
considering the fact that i get warned fo posting inflammatory material which makes complete sense,id like one

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
When mods weren't active people were like "No moderation. TDF sucks". Now when moderated, "Mod-Free TDF" :|
So NO, it has to be moderated.

OP
qwe1

qwe1

Straight-edged
yea we need a mod who'll just delete spam posts in it

ps: we can handle spam too.give us freedom!!!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
this could be used to express ourselves w/o vocal restraint.
Rofl. Now this is interesting. As a matter of fact Ill agree with it just for giggles and laughs. If this is in any reference to the threads I have moderated then let me put it in black and white.

I don't go over and nitpick every other word that comes out of any persons mouth. If I find that verbal usage goes beyond a certain limit then yes I do hand out warnings and then if continued I do give out infractions.

Then there's another problem with moderating posts which beg to be flamed. Anyway I'm not going to go all out justifying my actions. If you feel that my way of handling was inappropriate by all means just pop Anorion an email and ask him to make a regular user. I for certain wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
OP
qwe1

qwe1

Straight-edged
what are you people afraid of voting.vote what you think about it.we need moar votes

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did "akkad bakkad bumbay bo" :D

*www.freshbytes.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
If I find that verbal usage goes beyond a certain limit then yes I do hand out warnings and then if continued I do give out infractions.

that dont mean having opposite views on a topic right?

OP
qwe1

qwe1

Straight-edged
I don't go over and nitpick every other word that comes out of any persons mouth. If I find that verbal usage goes beyond a certain limit then yes I do hand out warnings and then if continued I do give out infractions.

people get banned even when being careful hence we need complete freedom.a mod-free section will bring much needed entertainment and many emotionally charged threads :p after all most folks here spend atleast a couple of hours here everyday

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
On a serious note, instead of a Mod-free section, I would prefer a vBulletin 4 forum upgrade.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
that dont mean having opposite views on a topic right?
Having an opposite view is fine as far as I care. However your opposite opinion seemed more like flame bait to me.

people get banned even when being careful hence we need complete freedom.a mod-free section will bring much needed entertainment and many emotionally charged threads after all most folks here spend atleast a couple of hours here everyday
People don't get banned simply after being careful as you say.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
it may sound provocative bit its intelligently and unoffensively presented
Well its the provocative part you got warned for. Either way I don't recall only warning you. The same warning was issued to anyone who used any kind of verbal abuse on the thread. None of you were banned for any of it .

However I did ban one person who in my call earned it and should have been banned for a year just for being ridiculously insane for posting that much trash talk on the forums.

Anyway its not like the Mods can create a new section so sure yeah whatever floats everyone's boat.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Filled void, man none said anything against u, don't take it personally.

And this is a pointless thread. "U can't have everything u want".

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
TDF is NOT the place for posting "anything you want". For that you have 'other' places on Internet. Mods helps keeping this forum clean.

IMO, Mods are doing their work and there is no need to have a "Mod-Free section" on THIS forum.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

and BTW, this poll is useless.
Neither my PC is in living room / I don't like badwords nor I want a Mod-free section.

If you want people to vote, give proper choices. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom