Mobo+proccy+ram+psu~20k

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
A friends pc crashed recently. He's planning on buying a new one.

Budget:- 20k.

Update:- Budget is now 25k

Needs:-
1.) CPU:- (he said he would like an x6)
2.) Mobo:- (Am3+ socket preferred)
3.) Ram:- (already decided-corsair vengeance 4gb)
4.) psu:- (fsp saga 500w?)

Is any rig possible satisfying all the criteria? Help me out guys.

P.S:- alternative intel config is welcome. :)

Whoa! No replies. :(

Last edited:

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
offtopic can you please elaborate what do you mean by PC crashed ? instead of buying new one he can fix the old PC for spending less

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think he should opt for Sandybridge based Config for now.

INTEL SANDYBRIDGE BASED

Core i5 2500 @ 10K (Price in Vedant infotech)
Intel DH67BL-B3 @ 5K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K
Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3K

Total 19.2K. This config is far better than any Phenom II X6 based config. i5 2500 performs better than Phenom II X6 1090T (@ 10K) in gaming as well as in most of the other apps.

If he wants AMD based config, then my suggestion is:-
AMD X6 Config
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 8.2K
Asus M5A88-M @ 5.4K
Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz 4GB @ 1.51K
Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3K

Total 18.11K.

But my vote goes to the Intel i5 2500 based config. In all aspect it is far superior than the Phenom II X6 based AMD config.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes. I too recommend i5 based PC over AMD x6. The Intel counter part is just better overall.

+1 to this :)
Cilus said:
INTEL SANDYBRIDGE BASED

Intel DH67BL-B3 @ 5K
Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3K

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
INTEL SANDYBRIDGE BASED

Intel DH67BL-B3 @ 5K
Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3K

Total 19.2K.

This would be the best rig.

OP also have the scope to change i5-2500 with i5-2400 @8.9K (both are almost same, performance wise)

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Told him the details. But can't seem to get the fact inside his head that the i5 based rig will perform better. :\
Guess he is going with the x6. Anyways,thanks for all your suggestions fellas. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Told him the details. But can't seem to get the fact inside his head that the i5 based rig will perform better. :\
Guess he is going with the x6. Anyways,thanks for all your suggestions fellas. :)

Then try to get the Phenom II 1075T; price is around 8.6K. Kolkata price may be lower. For AMD components, try Vedant 1st. They are the largest AMD distributer in Kolkata and their prices are cheaper too.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Yeah he said he'll buy the 1075T one. And okay will ask him to visit vedant for the purchase. :) Thanks man.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Then try to get the Phenom II 1075T; price is around 8.6K. Kolkata price may be lower. For AMD components, try Vedant 1st. They are the largest AMD distributer in Kolkata and their prices are cheaper too.

OT: which shop is best/largest distributor of Intel products?? (also regarding price) Isn't it Vedant?

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay managed to convince him for an i5 based rig. And budget has been increased to 25k.
But a cabinet is now also required.

Any suggestions based on the new budget?
I guess NZXT Gamma is the best cabinet for the price at the moment.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Way overbudget. He has to buy mobo,proccy,ram,power supply and a cabinet all within 25k. And the NZXT gamma is the best cabby amongst the cheap ones(as far as I know).

Please recommend a sandy bridge based rig with ram+power supply and cabby within 4k. Won't mind an i5 2500k if thats possible. :p

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Isn't it better to get a decent enough cabby for 2.1k and invest the remaining cash for better components? And in any case I'm sure he won't be spending more than 2.5k on cabby.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^yes absolutely i was just suggesting an alternative u can get him a low end GPU for the extra cash for hd videos & casual gaming

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
2500K isn't possible inside 25K budget.

Core i5 2400 @ 9.5K
Intel DH67BL-B3 @ 5K
Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3K
NZXT Gamma @2K

total: 20.7K (modoed the config given by clius)

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
he already has a 6670 mate. Just these components are required:-
proccy,mobo,ram,power supply and cabinet.

@d6bmg hmmm :S

@d6bmg budget is now 25k mate. :) Updated

Cilus

laborare est orare
Jripper, you can't squeeze a Z68/P67 motherboard + K series processor within 25K budget. 2500K, the cheapest K series Sandybridge is around 11K and cheapest P67 based Intel mobo will come around 6.5/7K. Check if you can find one of those Intel p67 mobos

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@d6bmg budget is now 25k mate. :) Updated

Although budget is 25K, it won't allow 2500K + chipest P67/Z68 mobo.
Either tell him to increase his budget by 3K more which will allow 'K' processor or this rig is good vfm rig that he can get.

Top Bottom