Mobo , proccy and ram needed. Please help.

k thanks so i am buying Amd athlon x4 635 .
Asrock 880 gm - le is not available here . so i am buying Biostar TA 880gb +.
at one shop they quoted rs 4400. is it k ?

My PSU is 250 watt ATX Power Supply - PFC or non-PFC should i change it ?

IF I NEED ,

Is it safe to buy this Cabinet with 400watt SMPS ?

iBall ATX Cabinet with SMPS - Baby 306

OR is it safe to buy Mercury SMPS which is available for Rs 700 ?

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Neither!!Both of 'em r utter crap!!Get FSP Saga II 400W or Corsair CX400 or Seasonic's 380W PSU!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
its always nice to protect your new hardware by using a good psu rather than submitting it to the hands of death very early.

and since you are spending 4.5k on a mobo i will ask you to get Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k. its much better in terms of quality and features.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get cheap but something descent. i always say this to everyone willing get PC or pc parts in low budget. cause later they end up paying more.

@sid, at least get the FSP Saga II 350W. it have some kind of protection. in case of cabby you may sacrifice style & functionality but please don't in case of PSU. cause even if PSU goes up, you'll end up paying 500 bucks more for a new MADE-IN-INDIA PSU.

ssb1551

Technomancer
:+1: with Jas on the PSU!!

@Jas - u sure u typed correctly?"at least get the FSP Saga II 350W. it have some kind of protection. in case of cabby you may sacrifice style & functionality but please don't in case of PSU. cause even if PSU goes up, you'll end up paying 500 bucks more for a new MADE-IN-INDIA PSU."doesn't quite fit in d context.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Are there any msi, asus options.
Whats the price of Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H at ur place?

I think that was sams post ssb. He means if ur psu goes bad u will again spend on a psu. So spend nicely at one go

Last edited:
if psu goes bad i will spend. is ther any risk to other parts if i used same PSU . Because now i cant increase my budget .

I will ask and tell price of Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H soon .

ssb1551

Technomancer
I think that was sams post ssb. He means if ur psu goes bad u will again spend on a psu. So spend nicely at one go

Thts wat I tot 15 mins after readin d post..its so confusin at 1st read!!"cause even if PSU goes up" : he shouldn't hv added "even if"..changed d complete meanin of d sentence.Thts y it took me 15 mins to get at d point wat he ws tryin to convey!!

is ther any risk to other parts if i used same PSU? . Because now i cant increase my budget .

If it damages now will buy FSP PSU instead of 500 GB hard disk .

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^No 1 cn say whether any other component will get damaged when PSU blows off!!It mite happen tht only d PSU goes off whereas rest all d components r OK.It mite also happen tht d PSU takes down some other component/components along with it.It all depends on luck.But do u really wanna leave it to luck when u can a buy a good PSU n b relieved off all these worries?

Antonykraj

Right off the assembly line
Why don't you try asus m4a78lt-mle ddr3
Motherboard for Rs.2750
2 gb ddr3 Kingston@1750
Amd athlon ii x3 440@.3700
Corsair cx400 @ 2700
It comes to Rs.10,900
Enjoy your games for now.
There may be a price drop of graphic cards
In a few months.
Save some money and get a graphic card then