buddyram

New Voyage
whats a smartphone? how is it different from a normal cell phone? Whats a PDA?

May i get a one stop solution link for all these questions?:lol:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
One stop solution link that you want :D -

Smartphone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

----------and------

What is a PDA?

crysis

Broken In
PDA s are dead. Why do you ask? PDA=Personal Digital Assistant. They all died when phones became..umm...smarter

Phone=Helps u make calls and text. Alarm and torch lights awesome extras.

Smarthphone=Movies, Songs, Email, Facebook(internet browsing), Games, Other stupid/Useful applications, e-books etc etc etc in the end they somehow manage to make calls and text messages too. But no smartphone has a torch feature.

PDA is = smartphone -(minus) phone

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Nicely put. :)

Also,
Basic phones are uber cheap. Smart phones, umm, not so! :-D

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
Then, You mean 'Tablets' are higher versions of smartphones!?

What about earlier Nokia N & E Series Phones? Are they smartphones or high end normal phones?

and Finally, How are Ipads different from IPods?

PDA s are dead. Why do you ask? PDA=Personal Digital Assistant. They all died when phones became..umm...smarter

Phone=Helps u make calls and text. Alarm and torch lights awesome extras.

Smarthphone=Movies, Songs, Email, Facebook(internet browsing), Games, Other stupid/Useful applications, e-books etc etc etc in the end they somehow manage to make calls and text messages too. But no smartphone has a torch feature.

PDA is = smartphone -(minus) phone

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
There's no clear and cut definition of when a phone becomes a smart phone. Usually when a phone can do a lot of tasks for which you would need to find a computer for, then you can say its an edge over a normal phone, i.e., a smartphone.

And iPads and iPods are TOTALLY different stuffs.
iPad is like a Big cousin of Smart phones, but Smaller than a netbook. And the most perfect thing it can do is to replicate an ebook reader, since its the size of a small book.
But iPod is just a Music Player, like a modern version of Walkmans.... :))

Hope I am clear!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Then, You mean 'Tablets' are higher versions of smartphones!?

used to be. but ipad made a totally different section for tablets. so: Smartphone (4.5" or less usually) >>> Tablet (10" or less usually) >>> laptop (no limit).

What about earlier Nokia N & E Series Phones? Are they smartphones or high end normal phones?

i feel any mobile that can do multitasking & open doc/pdf files should be regarded as a smartphone. & yes these should be freely supported, not through use of some custom firmware/rom.

so Nokia E/N series mobiles are smartphones.

and Finally, How are Ipads different from IPods?

iPad ---> iPod. simply replace the 'a' in iPad with an 'o'. i think its time to use google & some commonsense. also a bit of R&D.

heres a doubt from my side: if Samsung Corby II can do multitasking, why is it regarded as a feature phone & not as a smartphone?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
whats a smartphone? how is it different from a normal cell phone? Whats a PDA?

May i get a one stop solution link for all these questions?:lol:

smartphone: a phone in which u can do anything(such as browsing,email integration,games,chatting,sending business cards,connectivity options,music,camera,video playback,tons of apps,cusomisations etc)

normal cell:a phone in which u can only call,sms,radio,mp3 player & normal gprs.

PDA: Personal Digital Asistant :wink:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think tablet & smartphone are the successor of PDA. the bigger PDA replaced by tablets & smaller ones eaten by smartphones.

Top Bottom