Mobiles: Indian Phone or Foriegn Phones

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Hi guys,

Now a days I can see that Indian Markets as grown largely in Mobile Phone markets.
Indian Phone Brands Like MAXX ,Micromaxx , Wycomm, Lava etc is growing rapidly.

In My company I see Lots and Lots Of Public having phone of this Compnies instead Od Sony, Nokia Etc.

They say , All the features like Qwerty keyboard, cam, Fm , Music Player , Exentable Memory cards , Touch screens etc etc are coming In These Phones at Rate of 1.5k to 5k Only

My good friend Had purchased a Micromax phone , It has Wireless Fm radio, music Player , ex Memory, 4 gb card, etc etc and Purchased Phone at 2.5 k only.
My Another friend has MAXX Qwerty Phone which just look alike Blackberry

There are some Phones just copy Of Nokia, HTC and sony High end Phone (just name in front changed)
they look really nice in hands also.

The Thinking of People is , Why This Sony Nokia Moto etc Are selling there Phones At high prices there phone start from 5k and thus go For Maxx and other

so In My small Area of brain I was thinking as :

So

I am also going to Buy A New Phone this diwali , So Why i m Buying NOkia N8 (30k) Phone
Instead Buy a Similar Looking Indian Phone and Use it 1 year and then Throw It and Buy a New Good Looking phone....

he he he :) LOL

I doono Answer for this , But I Know i can rely On NOkia Brand For Investing 30k

What abot u guys Please share Ur Views , What U think is difference between Indain Brand phones and Foriegn Phones and which one u will prefer why?

hackerzlab

Journeyman
u can ride a bullock cart instead of a car.

bullock car is cheap and so why use a car? the main purpose of using one is travelling after all :p

if i start comparing the technical aspects, u won't understand. hope this helps :)

enjoy ur new phone :twisted:

azzu

AJJU
I am also going to Buy A New Phone this diwali , So Why i m Buying NOkia N8 (30k) Phone
Instead Buy a Similar Looking Indian Phone and Use it 1 year and then Throw It and Buy a New Good Looking phone....

but I Know i can rely On NOkia Brand For Investing 30k
i dont get it ...
ur making this up or.. u dont totally know about ur phone
can u tell me at the cost u mentioned 5k ( or atleast 15k) can.. any mobile company u mentioned can the Features given by high -end foreign (as u said) ??
though i respect indian mobile companies which are trying to establish themselves and hope they soon come up with quality products and good Os'es ( at least they are better than chinese imports)

if i start comparing the technical aspects, u won't understand. hope this helps :)

enjoy ur new phone :twisted:
+1

OP
S

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Hi guys,

so In My small Area of brain I was thinking as :

So

he he he :) LOL

I doono Answer for this , But I Know i can rely On NOkia Brand For Investing 30k

hey I Apologize for this Type of stupid quotes coming from my Mind, yesterday I was thinking a lot and thus come to this Stupid thought. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Late Night I again thought about this, i feel All the touch screens and new feature are Launched By None other than Sony nokia and others , other Just replicate it.

They Invest lots and lots of Money in Research and technology to bring new and adv things and hence they priced so.....

They have lots of experience in markets , what people needs and bring to u!
They are well known to markets standards , which they strictly follow and hence they never fail...

My problem was That because Of lots of Donkeys were around me , i was also felt Like a donkey and wrote earlier post.

We cannot compare Indian phones to Foreign right Now but can compare then in future as it will be developed

And i believe That Indian markets Will come to that Point soon.
Will have Nokia Being Purchased By Indian company.... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL...the thought is excellent..

Go for any proper brands ...even if they give less features at least u r assured of quality:smile:

drumster

Broken In
What abot u guys Please share Ur Views , What U think is difference between Indain Brand phones and Foriegn Phones and which one u will prefer why?

Theres a lot more to a phone than how it looks. The most important thing is the quality and speed of hardware AND the Operating system that runs on the hardware. So though these phones might look similar to the Nokias and Samsung, thats where the similarity ends. Once you turn the phone on and look at the operating system you'll know the real difference. There are no Open Source mobile OS apart from Android (and maybe Symbian and Maemo to some extent). And these open source OSes need really good hardware to run which is made by companies like HTC, Nokia, Samsung, etc.

Now in a phone that is 2.5 k or even 5k, getting an advanced OS is out of question. So its a choice you have to make. If you are happy with sub-standard hardware and sluggish (and feature-lacking) OS, then by all means go for it. Personally, I would rather buy an old Nokia phone for a higher price than go for one of these cheaper phones of sub-standard quality.

though i respect indian mobile companies which are trying to establish themselves and hope they soon come up with quality products and good Os'es ( at least they are better than chinese imports)

None of these phones are Indian phones. These are only brands created by Indian companies. All the phones are cheap chinese knock-offs which are imported to the country and re-branded. (maybe packaged here)

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
for a budget phone the indian companies are offering awesome phone I myself own a Spice QT-44 and I found no phone coming near to the features it offers for the price but yea my other phone is iPhone lol and the price of the phone is 30k and it offer not much in hardware aspects but the software part of the phone is so wonderful that I will choose iPhone over every other phone without even thinking much so think yourself n decide!

jayantr7

In the zone
However MAXX,Spice like companies offer those features at a considerably low price,that can't make it match with Apple IPhone and motorola like phones.At least,you are sure of the quality and stability.Eg.You can't match linux Distro's with WinOS or MacOS even if it's free[offering so much].....

BTW,happy luck with your Nokia N8.After buying,please do give a review of it.

IMO,if Apple iPhone,Nokia N8 and Motorola Milestone will be mixed,there will be somewhat called an Ultimate phone and that'll desert many rich mobile companies.And there will be one.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Compare your micromax with an innerwear available on the road, nokia/moto/ericsson are jockey/vip/lux of the industry.
Both do the same job, choice is yours HeHe
IMO its good to invest in a good branded phone rather than a crappy nameless stuff.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Big brands:

1) spend heavily on creating new designs
2) spend heavily on user interface design and optimization
3) design and build the phone as per strict company standards
4) do rigorous testing of the model
5) bring the phone into the market
6) start taking in bug reports and complaints
7) start working on UI updates and bug fixes

local el cheapo companies

1) copy a design from a big brand
2) put on a casually tested UI (usually java UI) on the phone.
3) bring the model into the market.
4) forget about the model.

jayantr7

In the zone
Compare your micromax with an innerwear available on the road, nokia/moto/ericsson are jockey/vip/lux of the industry.
Both do the same job, choice is yours HeHe
IMO its good to invest in a good branded phone rather than a crappy nameless stuff.

Said well... +1

Rockstar11

Technomancer
MAXX MX745+(Reebok Lite ride shoes mrpRs2999 free) Rs. 3,299.:shock: :confused:

eBay India: MAXX MX745+(Reebok Lite ride shoes mrpRs2999 free) (item 250749701857 end time 30-Jan-2011 12:16:33 IST)

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys,
This is INDIA where different ppl lives with different lifestyle and thinking. Most of us are interested in good features only and ready to pay any price for that. But there are so many college students, middle class people, and rural areas people lives in our country who cant afford high end mobiles, and whats the use of 5MP camera for these ppl? What they gonna do with android, symbian OS?

People just get attract with these features now: Long battery life, Dual SIM, Loud music player @ low price (within Rs.2000). And they are happy also. I think buying INDIAN products can increase our Indian market also. :) Even for these mobiles all bollywood & cricket star advertising I've studied in NOIDA for my BTECH. And most of the students were from rich family, they only carry high end mobiles not less than Rs.20k but those guys have never enough talktime balance to call friends, they just show these mobiles as their status.

By the way, i'm using Nokia 5230 (for airtel GPRS + few calls) and ZEN mobile which recently i bought for Rs.1500 use to call my friends with 2 diff sim with diff free calling & sms offer. ;) and battery backup is great + sound clarity is damn good + Music Player is loud & good with 2 GB card. And i don't have tension for this cheap mobile if i lost/stolen by any chance. Now what u need in just Rs.1500 ?? :)

Top Bottom