mobiles as copiers how guys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

virgin

Right off the assembly line
hi , well in one of the issues of digit i read that mobile phones can be used to take quick photos of notes & later they can be converted to readable copies using the ocr software ,is it really possibly , if yes can u tell me how ,where do i get the software.

I used a proper digital camera to do that. With the right contraption (to mount my camera) and a willing partner (to turn pages), I managed to save atleast $600 per semester.

OCR software sucks. Almost impossible to convert photographed documents. I used to read the notes on my laptop directly.

I've even uploaded one page for you to see. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Note: It's not from a textbook - don't wan't copywright issues. Also, quality reduced to jpeg high compression.

-Keith

Click to enlarge
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/keithsebastian/General/th_Notes.jpg

nirubhai

Broken In
virgin said:
hi , well in one of the issues of digit i read that mobile phones can be used to take quick photos of notes & later they can be converted to readable copies using the ocr software ,is it really possibly , if yes can u tell me how ,where do i get the software.

yes, you can photo copy the documents with any camera having macro mode or macro lense. most of the digital cameras especially the cell phone cameras do have the macro mode.

the ocr softwares today are much better than earlier. but they normally have the accuracy about 80%. that means you will never get the exact text completly. generally you will get these softwares bundled with the scanners. the best ocr software i know is FineReader.

you can put a black paper below the document to reduce the visibility of letters on the backside of the document.
in digital camera, you can use the "negative" effect to get the best result with ocr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom