Mobile????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
hey guys i m getting new mobile in this navrati time.
i m confuse which mobile to purchase
my budget is 7000/- to 9000/-
i like to purchse a phone with
1> camera
2> mp3 &video player
3> blue tooth & irda
4> 65k colour

my choices are nokia 6600(out of budget),7650(dont know rates)
n gage (sacrifise camera &irda)
sony T610(all in one but less memory & high prices acccessory)
moto e398 (low pic qty & high priced),moto c650( only having cam &mp3 music)

does any mobile exits in this range with this all features or not???????
or
shall i wait till DIWALI to get a big offer or a discoutt etc....????

I also ask every one to tell there mobile phone ie which mobile they have & at what price.

or not time to purchase any mobile

is mobile hve cheaper rate in mumbai??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
try nokia 6610i , it has camera, but it not have bluetooth,
dude u have sacrifice something or the other, or u will have to increase the budget...

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

i.am_mayur

Broken In
Whatever u do Never go for Moto C650 it sux big time

First it does not have Mp3 player as such ..only mp3 ringtones (max 5-10 secs)
:shock:

Second its got a Pathetic 1.7 MB dynamic memory ..totally sux :shock:

I cant understand motorola's strategy of marketing a phone as MP3moto
and giving such less memory .. absolute krap

Go for E398 much better option
Also consider Sony erricson t630 .. better than t610 also cheap about 10000

Aleena

Right off the assembly line
YOU HAVE TO SPEND MORE TO GET SUCH A MOBILE. YOU CAN BUY A 3200 OR 6610i WITH YOUR BUDGET. WHICH HAVE NO BLUETOOTH OR MP3 PLAYER. FOR SUCH FEATURES THE COST WILL BE OUT OF YOUR BUDGET. YOU CAN WAIT TILL THE COST COMES DOWN.... :-D
OR YOU CAN BUY A 3200 OR NEW 3220. YOU CAN CONVERT THE MP3 FILES TO AMR FILES USING NOKIA PC SUIT AND YOU CAN TRANSFER THEM IN TO YOUR MOBILE. HENCE YOU CAN ENJOY MP3 WITH OUT MP3 SUPPORTED PHONE.... ;-)
I PREFER 6230 OVER 6600. IT LOOKS BETTER. AND HAS ALL THE FEATURES OF 6600. AND MEMORY CAPACITY IS MORE. SO I RECOMMEND 6230.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
IG said:
camera in 6610i is bad
hmm wht else can he get for around 8000?
the thing is we cant be satisfied and no mobile is perfect with all the features...

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Aleena said:
YOU HAVE TO SPEND MORE TO GET SUCH A MOBILE. YOU CAN BUY A 3200 OR 6610i WITH YOUR BUDGET. WHICH HAVE NO BLUETOOTH OR MP3 PLAYER. FOR SUCH FEATURES THE COST WILL BE OUT OF YOUR BUDGET. YOU CAN WAIT TILL THE COST COMES DOWN.... :-D
OR YOU CAN BUY A 3200 OR NEW 3220. YOU CAN CONVERT THE MP3 FILES TO AMR FILES USING NOKIA PC SUIT AND YOU CAN TRANSFER THEM IN TO YOUR MOBILE. HENCE YOU CAN ENJOY MP3 WITH OUT MP3 SUPPORTED PHONE.... ;-)
I PREFER 6230 OVER 6600. IT LOOKS BETTER. AND HAS ALL THE FEATURES OF 6600. AND MEMORY CAPACITY IS MORE. SO I RECOMMEND 6230.

both the 6230 and the 6600 have memory card slots so u can always expand memory....also, 6600 has a symbian OS which has a ton of apps being developed 4 it....plus the 6600 has a bigger screen so i guess the 6600 is a much better phone....although the 6230 is a gr8 phone too....but both out of this dude's budget...mate, lemme tell u, buying a phone in that budget range is a nightmare especially if u want all these high end features....

allajunaki

Journeyman
Well , I have had the oppertunity to use em all...
My opinion is SE T610... Agreed the Service support isnt as good as nokia. But just see the number of thoughtfull features tha phone offers(apart from Fancy stuff...)

For example, if u get a call from a number u dont know, and if u answer it, Then at the end of conversation , the phone gives u an option to save that number.. ("xxxxxx is not in the phone book. Save ? ") ...
Also if u are in the middle of writing an sms and if u wanna Quit or got a call or something... The half written SMS gets saved to Unsent Items...
Also Another feature that i like a lot is Voice Answer and Voice Reject (apart from Voice call...and Voice Profiles)... This allows u to say accept to pick up the call and 'reject' to hang up... (Also if u have assigned a voice-tag .. it will play out thru ur Handsfree when u get a call from that person...) This allows me to Hook up the hands free... and receive and reject and know who is calling when im driving....

One more feature which might be usefull for people who use handsfree, is that entire menu is accessible while in call (Unlike other phones, This is because Phone is having Dual Processor setup... 8bit 12Mhz AVR processor for phone function and 32bit 32Mhz Arm7 for Other tasks). So i can talk and send an SMS, or play Mophun and javaGames or See the Appointments or Calendar....

Camera in this Phone is no great shakes... Sample pics can be found @ my site www.geocities.com/allajunaki
Though Signal Bar registers lower signal strength than Nokia, Voice is Crisp and Clear even if only one bar is present (Nokia Begins to crack badly at 1Bar..) So SE Signal Strength is as good as Nokia...

Battery Life is 3 Day with Minimal to No Camera, Normal Calls...
to 1 Day if u use camera for like 1-1..30 Hrs of Camera running and 1Hr of Games...

Downs of this phone is
SuperCare... The Hi Gloss Finish is sexy... But it needs a lot of attention..
Too Cute... If u like understated stuff, this isnt for u.. Bound to Attarct lots of ur friends attention (@least mine did..)
No VideoRecording
No Loudspeaker..
NO FM Radio (But i HATE FM... So I dont care)

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
well.. Even i was luking for one for aorund 8-9 k, but finally ended up wid Nokia 3660 for 12 K (without bill).. Its a nice phone with gr8 feature set..

irda, bluetooth, symbian os, java/symbian games/app can be installed.. mms, 65k, camera, mp3 sw can be installed to run mp3 files.. and comes with a free 16 mb mmc card..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well i suppose for u a Nokia N-Gage QD is the best deal.as the n-gage series are the best for now even though for its crampy keypad the features are worthwhile and why does one need Irda when one has bluetooth.it will cost u around 11,999 in original but it can come down to 9,000 eventually in grey market.try it,its worth the money u pay for.don't go in for a sony erricsson piece cause it too compicated plus its has not much re-sale value as nokia.

imgame

Broken In
T610(around 9k..65K color) is good phone but as u said u have problem with its high priced acessories ....i would suggest 6610i ...but its not 65K colour so is ngage QD......so ....u have not much option ......either wait for prices to come down more or get either of these ..or get some discount in diwali ....

OP
S

suyash_123

Techno Freak
I got deal with nokia 3660
is it a good deal guys.
since it comes with all features of nokia 6600 .its price is 12k----without bill
& 14000 with bil & a gold pendant free with that
guys u know that witout bill mobile user has no peace of mind
& as every mobile has a unique no (iemi no)
is i get caugth that my mobile imei no. match with anystolen mobile no. then my mobile is taken in police custody .if i claim to have taken this mobile from a particulr shop & if that shop keeper refuses to accept that, then it will be proved that i had stolen this mobile & i with my dad can go to JAIL.
so guys shall i take billed or without billed

but my dad is giving 8000-9000 & my mom give me only 1500
so guys shall i take with out bill or with bill mobile

in case if any body claims that this mobil;e is not your, it will be proved as i have no bill of purchase
also i heard that with out billed mobile are some time a scrap one with come under understanding after a few month
they have dulicate battery (as no garrenty is given) which may explode is i get news before hand
or
wait till it comes at 10000
or
upto some big dicounts on it in diwali (but just after diwali i have my exam of 3rd sem B.E. if i purchase at that time i will be disturbed)

So guys kare to kya kareeeeeeeeeee :?:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yup 3660 is a pretty good fone imho. The N-gage(not the QD) takes the cake for being the most in expensive symbian fone. get the Ngage, get a 256 Mb MMC and voila u have a mp3 player and a fone. But the battery lifes not too gr8 on the n-gage though. Dont go for the QD though, since it lacks the USB port, stereo o/p of the ngage.

allajunaki

Journeyman
Dude if u can afford 3660, then nothing like it... (Its a bit bulky but its really worth it...)
3660 and 6600 Display is Different ( Identical Specs, But Displays are different...) Also 6600 Has More Ram, which allows u to play N-Gage Games on 6600 (there is some hack available..)
But if u dont want all those then 3660 is the thing to go for...

Dont worry.. The without Bill Phones are not 'Stolen' but rather Sim Locked Phones Unlocked via Hack...
(That is, its sourced from companies like VodaPhone,which tie the phone to their services and the sim Unlocked..). This though not Legal, No-One has been prosecuted...
SAo without bill is no deal...
since ur Dad has dropped 9k and Mom 1.5k u have 10.5k , Dont Date for a month and save up 1.5k and get this phone. Or better still lend from ur G.F 1.5k. LOL...
Otherwise my suggestion is still SE... agreed its Interface is a lil alien to nokia User, but u will get used to it in like 15-20Mins.... U wont go back to a nokia again...Im sayin this after using 8110i(matrix 1 Phone!) , 3210, 3310 , Panasonic GD68 ,SamsungC100 and SE-T610 (and did i mention My Mom's nokia 3510i and Dad's P800).
But my Honest opinion is that dont go for 6610i as the features dont justify the price... If u wanna go Nokia way , go for 3660...

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
dude, go for the T610, u will not regret it
All the people saying don't buy SE have obviously not tried a SE phone, and are not open to options other than Nokia
Take my word, go for the T610, u will not regret it
And BTW, T610 does have voice recording as well

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
m.. a comparison of SE T610 and Nokia 3660..

- Price T610 around 9.5 k, 3660 around 12 k (without bill)
- No video recording in T610.
- 3660 has larger screen area
- T610 is small is size and looks cute
- Easily available & cheap accessories n software for Nokia 3660. Accessories of SE , and its Sw are expensive
- Most softwares, ringtones are made for NOKIA phones
-3660 comes with a free 16 mb mmc card apart from a 3.5 mb phone memory.
- Better camera in 3660 compared to T610.

allajunaki

Journeyman
Lets clarify....
3660 is 12K
t610 without bill is 7.5k

and what Software are u talking about...
SE T610 Software is free... + One great Thing about SE T610 is that the mostr popular software for SET610 is FMA (Floats Mobile Agent).... Its OpenSource Software (Windows Only though)... This can Do 2 way control (Control PC from Mobile, Control Mobile from PC)...

and all the Ringtones in Nokia are 16Tones Max.. SE T610 Can Handle 32Tones (i.e 32 Instruments @ once,...)

But if u have 12k to push, then Get 3660... But if u r strapped for cash then T610 is a sweet deal...

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Yup, personalising ur T610 is the best
U can d/l themes, ringtones, etc. for free from so many sites
Infact, T610 has the max no. of free themes, ringtones, wallpapers, etc. compared to any other phone

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
well.. lemme tell u some sw available for 3660 (which im suing).. not sure if these are avai for t610.. if so lemme no..

- Call Cheater (creates an impression to the person u're talkin on phone that u're amidst traffic, or crowd or in jungle or watver while u r at home)

- miniGSM ( Changes ur profiles and does some events automatically when u move from one cell to another in your place)

- Camcoder (Record unlimited length videos)

- BlueJack (Used for bluejacking or sending anonymous messages to other bluetooth enabled phones)

- SMS Timer ( Schedule your SMS)

-Ultimate MP3..(to run mp3 files)

- Opera (Browser)

-mpeg player (can run avi and mpg files)

and lot more.....

Above all 3660 has a TFT display which is obviously better than STN disp in T610.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom