Mobile within Rs 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

I need to buy a mobile for my brother and have a budget of Rs. 5000. Suggest me a good phone, which also has GPRS. He used to have Sony Ericsson W200i, which got dead after it fell into water from some height when he was working in his site.

Suggest a phone with GPRS.

Thanks in Advance

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
3110c is class 10 while 2700c class 32 gprs also u'll get a much better phone comparable to 5130
so go for 2700c or 5130 if u want music keys and a smwhat better headset

univercell is offering 2700C for 3.8k if I remember right. ITS AN AWESOME OFFER!
Buy it or go for 5130XM (better battery, music keys) for Rs. 5200.

Both phones are rather similar. I personally own 5130XM but have extensively used a 2700C of my friend (my phone had english songs, his had hindi songs. used to exchange while listening for a change of language :p).

You won't go wrong with either.

But if you browse net frequenty, either go for 5130XM or 2700C plus additional Nokia Music controller for Rs. 250. Because you can't change songs without external music keys.

And if he works at a site for long hours, 2700C's battery will give up on him. He will NEED a 5130XM if he is away from home (or a charging point) for 10 hours and listens to music a lot and occasionally surfs the net.

azzu

AJJU
2700c good option if u really want a Cheap Gprs mobile
or else go for 5130 xm both similar fones but it looks damn good
and also check 7210 sleek and stylish

2700c good option if u really want a Cheap Gprs mobile
or else go for 5130 xm both similar fones but it looks damn good
and also check 7210 sleek and stylish
Trust me, if he is the music listener type and does Field duty all day, neither 2700C nor 7210SN are gonna satisfy him. Battery life not enough to last an entire day's work worth of music. Been there, done that. Experience tells. :p

A friend of mine actually uses 2 batteries. One spare and he charges both at home. If its OK for you then fine. But still...

azzu

AJJU
^ As i checked both 2700 and 5130 got the Same battery and Probably same OS ( s40) with some minor Up gradations then how could be there huge Difference in Battery Life in Both Fone s ?
*europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-5130-xpressmusic/specifications?inthebox=

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Thanks guys for all your suggestions. Even i feel to get him Nokia 5130XM, is there any counterpart from Sony Ericsson in the same budget.

azzu

AJJU
^ yup there's SE w350i but its pretty old now
And there's SE w205 Looks Damn Sexy ( i mean it) at that cost
but got pretty basic features compared to NOK fones at this range
but it looks Damn cool
*img32.imageshack.us/img32/6979/w205pl.jpg
Se Makes cool and SEXY fone's :D
*img32.imageshack.us/img32/429/1083761244580589.jpg

^ As i checked both 2700 and 5130 got the Same battery and Probably same OS ( s40) with some minor Up gradations then how could be there huge Difference in Battery Life in Both Fone s ?

I personally tested 7210 has weaker battery written in specs.

But friend of mine has 2700. He needs to charge it often. See nokia product page as to music playback time.

*europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-2700-classic/specifications

*europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-5130-xpressmusic/specifications?inthebox=

Tamoghno

Padawan
MetalheadGautham is right . i've used 5130 for about a week and 2700 for few days. in my experience 2700's battery is last like 30% less than 5130.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,
Sorry to revert back late, my brother is behind this Samsung Corby, can anyone tell how this is, can i know the for and against of this mobile. Following are the link's for the mobile. Please provide your suggestions.

*www.univercell.in/english/pages/user/display?mode=product_details&productId=27968

*in.samsungmobile.com/mobile-phones/samsung-corby

k4ce

Youngling
samsung corby is a fantastic fone ... great touchwiz UI ... decent battery life . even for a touchscreen fone ... only that u occasionally get the "sansung echo" while talking ...

azzu

AJJU
i personally hate Corby for its poor design and features i mean it looks too plasticky and childing i'd rather tell u to increase ur budget 500 rs more and get a samsung star which has more features and also looks good or go for LG cookie

sujoyp

Grand Master
I too recommend star...its cam is better then corby...sound good...looks bit stylish..and its sleek

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/samsung-s5230.jpg *img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/samsung-s3650-corby.jpg

also I think 2.8 inch of corby is small for touchscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom