Please suggest me a mobile under Rs. 10,000/-

Preferred factors : Touch Screen, Large Screen, Good battery backup
Intended use : Internet, Camera.

I have shortlisted the following models :-
1) Motorola FIRE XT
2) Samsung Galaxy Y Duos
3) LG Optimus NET P690

Which one of these should I buy ?
Or should I wait for Nokia Lumia 610 ? (I can increase the budget by 1-2k at max.)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well As per your requirements Almost all the cells under 10k have a 3.2 inch screen
HTC explorer is the best under 10k.
But the camera is bad.
None none of the cells have a good camera under 10k
So,i suggest go for htc explorer

Empirial

Youngling
You can also consider this : LG Optimus L3 E400: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

swapyworld

Broken In
would suggest
1. motorola fire xt - 800mhz processor with 512 mb ram, cam with flash and bigger screen :)

After a while 3.2 gets too less for viewing pics or even reading content

2. HTC explorer

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Exactly Look nothing other than htc explorer for less than 10k
You can run all apps smoothly
But the internal memory is v.less you install many apps.
So better root it

rikkuartz

Broken In
FIRE XT looks good on paper but reviews are bad.
Galaxy y duos looks bad on paper...
i hate LG... had my share of bad experience with their products...

i am guessing you don't like brands like micro-max and spice... if u aint against it should give em a try. like that a75 or a73.

I think u gonna ultimately take galaxy y duos!

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Thanks for your replies guys, but htc explorer is having only 3.2 inch screen. :(

Ok, I will wait for a month then.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
oh well. The Explorer is the phone to get in this budget. Same phone we have been recommending on N different threads.

banskt

Broken In
I am also buying a mobile at 10k. I have checked Motorola Fire XT, HTC Explorer and LG Optimus Net extensively in the showrooms, and I am personally going for LG Optimus Net P690.

Motorola Fire XT has the best hardware spec among these 3, so I was quite biased towards this one. However, on seeing the phone personally, I didn't like it. Though it has the largest screen size among these 3, yet, you wouldn't believe that it was the screen that put me off. Visibly low resolution, less responsive. Lacks the crispiness. Apart from that, some reviews are bad too. Custom ROM/kernel development and support is also poor.

So, there remains LG Optimus Net P690 and HTC Explorer. Both have good chipsets, Optimus has better processor (800MHz vs 600 MHz), both have same GPU, Optimus has a better battery(1500mAh vs 1230mAh), Optimus has higher internal memory (150mb vs 90mb) - you know how important it is if you have spent some time in the forums. The screen on both, though, theoretically same [3.2"], LG wins here because of more crisp display, and Explorer has less 'available' screen due to touch buttons. Optimus Net has way better development and support as compared to HTC Explorer. So, I personally preferred LG Optimus Net, after seeing both of them. The only advantage of HTC Explorer is that it is definitely better looking and has better-speed-3G (14mbps vs 3.6mbps), and approx. Rs. 700 less in price.

In any case, the final decision is always yours. :) However, if 3.6mbps 3G speed appears sufficient for you, and you do not care about external looks, LG Optimus Net P690 is the way to go.

Edit: I forgot to mention that LG Optimus Net has a camera flash, though I really doubt its power, while HTC Explorer doesn't have. [Personally, I have zero importance to the camera while buying a mobile, and is not at all a deciding criteria]

Last edited:

banskt

Broken In
are you sure? Because the Optimus Net dual SIM I have doesnt have Camera flash

I didn't check the camera. It doesn't matter to me if its there or not. I never do use a mobile camera.

So, I could well be wrong. I remember I saw somewhere people telling about the flash. Let me check.

You are correct, it doesn't have a flash.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have seen that, but I thought experts would tell their opinion about Nokia 701 or any upcoming models in this budget.

but it cost ~16-17k. or you are talking about Nokia 603. look good and Belle is not that far behind Android. Just you'll get bored of using same UI and lack of proper custom roms.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
but it cost ~16-17k. or you are talking about Nokia 603. look good and Belle is not that far behind Android. Just you'll get bored of using same UI and lack of proper custom roms.

Sorry, I was talking about Nokia 610.
My brother has Nokia 701, and we are very much satisfied with it.

I am also buying a mobile at 10k. I have checked Motorola Fire XT, HTC Explorer and LG Optimus Net extensively in the showrooms, and I am personally going for LG Optimus Net P690.

Motorola Fire XT has the best hardware spec among these 3, so I was quite biased towards this one. However, on seeing the phone personally, I didn't like it. Though it has the largest screen size among these 3, yet, you wouldn't believe that it was the screen that put me off. Visibly low resolution, less responsive. Lacks the crispiness. Apart from that, some reviews are bad too. Custom ROM/kernel development and support is also poor.

So, there remains LG Optimus Net P690 and HTC Explorer. Both have good chipsets, Optimus has better processor (800MHz vs 600 MHz), both have same GPU, Optimus has a better battery(1500mAh vs 1230mAh), Optimus has higher internal memory (150mb vs 90mb) - you know how important it is if you have spent some time in the forums. The screen on both, though, theoretically same [3.2"], LG wins here because of more crisp display, and Explorer has less 'available' screen due to touch buttons. Optimus Net has way better development and support as compared to HTC Explorer. So, I personally preferred LG Optimus Net, after seeing both of them. The only advantage of HTC Explorer is that it is definitely better looking and has better-speed-3G (14mbps vs 3.6mbps), and approx. Rs. 700 less in price.

In any case, the final decision is always yours. :) However, if 3.6mbps 3G speed appears sufficient for you, and you do not care about external looks, LG Optimus Net P690 is the way to go.

Edit: I forgot to mention that LG Optimus Net has a camera flash, though I really doubt its power, while HTC Explorer doesn't have. [Personally, I have zero importance to the camera while buying a mobile, and is not at all a deciding criteria]

Thanks for your reply.
Fire XT is out of list now. :)

frankeric

Journeyman
Hello guys,
Please suggest me a mobile under Rs. 10,000/-

Preferred factors : Touch Screen, Large Screen, Good battery backup
Intended use : Internet, Camera.

I have shortlisted the following models :-
1) Motorola FIRE XT
2) Samsung Galaxy Y Duos
3) LG Optimus NET P690

Which one of these should I buy ?
Or should I wait for Nokia Lumia 610 ? (I can increase the budget by 1-2k at max.)

Bro you should go with explorer its the best phone under 10k. Screen dosent matter that much.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Sorry guys.
I have already bought a new mobile 8 days ago.
I am going to write a review in couple of days.
By the way, the mobile is from 15-18k range.

Top Bottom