Mobile to replace ipad mini (pdf, ebooks, websurfing) under 10k

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
1. Budget : 10k max, although would prefer something under 7.5k if possible.
2. Display type and size: biggest possible. 5.5-6" would be great if possible within my budget
3. Dual sim: doesn't matter
4. Preferred choice of brand: any brand as long as its reliable. I wish to use this mobile for atleast 2 years.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera): Although not mendatory, but good rear shooter would be great
6. Preferred operating system: android
7. Preferred connectivity options: 3G atleast
8. Primary use of handset: To read pdf, ebooks and web pages (read details below)
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration: Lenovo K3 note
10. Any other info that you want to share: Yes, written below

I have been using ipad mini since last 2 years or so. I already have a phone that takes care of whatsapp and phone calls. I use ipads to read pdf, doc, ebooks, and web pages only. But eversince i upgraded to ios8, lack of ram has become a big problem. for eg: When i am reading a webpage on browser and switch to pdf for a few minutes. Then if i switch back to web browser again, the webpage would start loading again and i will have to wait until it finishes loading.

I am not a mobile phone enthusiast so this may sound dumb but my requirements with the new mobile is, it should not face this issue. I should be able to open pdf, web browser, whatsapp etc (3-4 apps) and switch between them without them reloading (or refreshing) again.

I believe high ppi and resolution of lenovo K3 note will really help me fulfilling above mentioned requirements., but when i referred to some threads, asus zenphone laser with 720p screen is being suggested over K3 note.

I am not interested in playing games on it, good battery life and camera will be added bonus.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
next time upgrade to only one version after what you get with the release of the ios device

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Zenfone 2 laser should be good.

Zenfone 2 laser will provide better battery life due to 720p screen

Get K3 Note for a better screen
I can get 720p under 7.5k, so spending 10k on zenphone laser doesn't makes any sense to me.
should i go for lenovo k3 note? or is it no good for my requirements?

next time upgrade to only one version after what you get with the release of the ios device

it came with ios7 pre installed. so i am only one version above preinstalled ios.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
release year of device version, after a year they ship with the new os version, which is better off not upgraded
tried re-installing the os once?

try instapaper also, good for offline reading on any platform

ankushv

Journeyman
Try moto g 2nd gen . Or yu yuphoria plus . Moto g 2nd gen will have good battery life and may see Android m .
Although I'm not sure if it's 5.5 .
I use redmi note 4g and its good to read on . It's 5.5 in screen with 720p and 4g and 2gb ram .

hgps01

Right off the assembly line
Try moto g 2nd gen . Or yu yuphoria plus . Moto g 2nd gen will have good battery life and may see Android m .
Although I'm not sure if it's 5.5 .
I use redmi note 4g and its good to read on . It's 5.5 in screen with 720p and 4g and 2gb ram .

Any specific reason for not suggesting lenovo k3 note?

Top Bottom