mobile navigation

ppm

Broken In
road navigation for india-looking for satisfactory ways-basically trying to decide between
a) use ext.gps receiver copled with laptop and use sat.maps--such as satguide or map my india.or sygic maps
b) pick up a mobile with offline map+navigation -is it possible especially navigation?
c)pick up a mobile with google maps function-will this need to be net connected?
so trying to decide which option will give better maps+navigation?-if possible offline much better-pravin

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
a) Too bulky. Not portable
c) Google Maps does not provide turn-by-turn navigation in India yet.

Option (b) looks more feasible. Check MapMyIndia. They provide mobile application which you can directly install on your mobile and get started.

My suggestion is to pick up a dedicatd navigation system from MapMyIndia for your vehicle. It'll be undoubtedly be better compared to mobile based navigation.

OP
P

ppm

Broken In
thanks for the quick reply,
been reading some reviews on- bcmtouring- it was not very encouraging view there for the ready loadedtablets as to price to utility wise.
thats how thought of using the software , and coupling with laptop, actually a i pad/galaxy tab will be much better i think--map my india is offering oliepad vt100 preinstalled with the software, but that is not as good as the galaxy/ipad , for other uses.
and i have also aquired samsung wave 85oo the first edition, but not able to figure out the navigation part of it yet , any ideas?

Last edited:
Top Bottom