Mobile, budget 20-25k

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Finally ordered one. The delivery date is by 20th, I am skeptical about Flipkart's service though as many members received used redmi's here. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks all.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Item shipped from Bangalore but being held in Mumbai from 5 days. Fk's customer support has no idea why.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb
My friend got his Zenfone today. The camera is meh, screen ok types considering its a 11k phone. The setting up is acting weird, play store was not opening and not updating anything. We disabled it and restored it with the factory version. After enabling it, the icon went missing but we can open it via google search. Now it updates apps sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. How to fix this and get the icon back?
Why is the lockscreen giving this Emergency message? The image is cropped, both sims are working fine. We have set one sim to 4g and the other one to 2g to save battery.
*i66.tinypic.com/15eyfdx.jpg
It is not really a 18:9 screen. The bezels are horrible. I am regretting my order now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb
My friend got his Zenfone today. The camera is meh, screen ok types considering its a 11k phone. The setting up is acting weird, play store was not opening and not updating anything. We disabled it and restored it with the factory version. After enabling it, the icon went missing but we can open it via google search. Now it updates apps sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. How to fix this and get the icon back?
Why is the lockscreen giving this Emergency message? The image is cropped, both sims are working fine. We have set one sim to 4g and the other one to 2g to save battery.
*i66.tinypic.com/15eyfdx.jpg
I am regretting my order now.
Are there any system updates available? If yes, do it and then do a factory reset.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Updated to the latest version. Man anything besides the factory reset? BC it took about an hour to set this thing.
In addition to disabling play store also try disabling Google play services, uninstall play services for instant apps .. Re-enable all of them , And then open play store , try downloading 1 app and it will just show downloading and not download, then wait 5 minutes to allow play services to update also ..it happens in background ..
When play services update will complete only then it will start downloading

Apps not updating / downloading is related to Google play services most of the times

Otherwise format is the last option

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
In addition to disabling play store also try disabling Google play services, uninstall play services for instant apps .. Re-enable all of them , And then open play store , try downloading 1 app and it will just show downloading and not download, then wait 5 minutes to allow play services to update also ..it happens in background ..

Apps not updating / downloading is related to Google play services most of the times

Thanks. Told him to do so, will update. What about that emergency photo?
I had so high hopes from this phone. I guess sasta roye baar baar, mehenga roye 1 baar is true.

Thanks. Told him to do so, will update. What about that emergency photo?
I had so high hopes from this phone. I guess sasta roye baar baar, mehenga roye 1 baar is true.
Does it have a SIM card? I think it might be due to no SIM, I have seen something similar in my old phone without SIM

Regarding bezels, it does beat the purpose of 18:9 by keeping big bezels. It's a cheap phone, so can't argue. But if companies like Sony (Check XZ2) can have big bezels in their flagship, this seems better considering the cost.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Does it have a SIM card? I think it might be due to no SIM, I have seen something similar in my old phone without SIM

Regarding bezels, it does beat the purpose of 18:9 by keeping big bezels. It's a cheap phone, so can't argue. But if companies like Sony (Check XZ2) can have big bezels in their flagship, this seems better considering the cost.
Yes brother, check above posts 2 Sims but still emergency. Strange.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect

No option to disable play services. Any other help?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@gta5 @SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb

Formatting solved that Play Store issue, thanks. Few other queries-
1. The lock screen is still showing that emergency option. If we click on it then it asks for details like medical information and asks us to enter enter an emergency number. How to disable or hide this thing?

2. When we logged in using the same account which we used before formatting, the phone gave an option that there is an offer with Asus phones that the customers will get 100 GB of data storage free for one year, we opted for that and we got a message that the same has been successfully activated but now if we open the Google drive it says something else. How to contact Asus or Google regarding the same?

3. The contact list is showing the email addresses to which we have sent mails and received from. How to hide them so that we can only see contacts with numbers?

4. Facebook videos are only playing sound if we click them i.e. open them. From where to change the setting so that it plays them while scrolling the page?

P.S. My product is on its way. Really not interested in the same now :(
Screenshot_20180512-010007__01.jpg
Screenshot_20180512-010011__01.jpg

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Isn't there fast charging option with this device? YT reviews are not clear. The charger that comes in when plugged says charging slowly but a fast charger like that of Samsung's says charging rapidly.

Isn't there fast charging option with this device? YT reviews are not clear. The charger that comes in when plugged says charging slowly but a fast charger like that of Samsung's says charging rapidly.
Asus calls it a fast charger, but it's not fast charging. It is standard 10W charger but a bit faster as it charges the 5000mAh battery in 2.5 hours, which is fast for a 10W charger.

@gta5 @SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb

Formatting solved that Play Store issue, thanks. Few other queries-
1. The lock screen is still showing that emergency option. If we click on it then it asks for details like medical information and asks us to enter enter an emergency number. How to disable or hide this thing?

2. When we logged in using the same account which we used before formatting, the phone gave an option that there is an offer with Asus phones that the customers will get 100 GB of data storage free for one year, we opted for that and we got a message that the same has been successfully activated but now if we open the Google drive it says something else. How to contact Asus or Google regarding the same?

3. The contact list is showing the email addresses to which we have sent mails and received from. How to hide them so that we can only see contacts with numbers?

4. Facebook videos are only playing sound if we click them i.e. open them. From where to change the setting so that it plays them while scrolling the page?

P.S. My product is on its way. Really not interested in the same now :(View attachment 17427View attachment 17428

1. Not sure. Maybe they made it kind of compulsory. You might not be looking at lock screen most of the time, or it is just me because I directly unlock the phone based on notification light.

2. Contact both

3. It should be there in settings of contacts/people app. If its not, good decision on my part to stay away from stock.

4. Check settings of the Facebook app. Reinstall it if the problem persists. FB app automatically plays videos w/o sound if I'm correct & what's happening is unusual.

The way you are listing out so many bugs, I'm having second thoughts on this phone as I was planning to buy one for my cousin. RN5 64GB is going to be sold for 10.8k.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1. Not sure. Maybe they made it kind of compulsory. You might not be looking at lock screen most of the time, or it is just me because I directly unlock the phone based on notification light.

2. Contact both

3. It should be there in settings of contacts/people app. If its not, good decision on my part to stay away from stock.

4. Check settings of the Facebook app. Reinstall it if the problem persists. FB app automatically plays videos w/o sound if I'm correct & what's happening is unusual.

The way you are listing out so many bugs, I'm having second thoughts on this phone as I was planning to buy one for my cousin. RN5 64GB is going to be sold for 10.8k.

@anupam_pb @gta5 @SaiyanGoku
Got my phone today. Same google play store and emergency bugs, didn't get the 100gb GDrive thing storage and don't care.

1. That emergency thing is weird on the lockscreen. It stays there even if we use a single sim.

2. Don't expect any reply from Google. My friend has sent a mail to Asus though. I don't care about it as it is for a year only.

3. I am not able to find it anywhere. There are like 100 numbers and 250 emails. Any way to delete/hide the mails?

4. He has checked his settings not able to find it, will tell him to reinstall.

I am looking for the solution of point number 1 and 3 only. No support from xda too. Man don't go for stock or miui. Go for something like Samsung Experience. Glad that this phone will be used at home by someone who will only use this for calling and whatsapp sometimes. Face unlock is a gimmick, they should have worked on fingerprint sensor.

Top Bottom