Mobile, budget 20-25k

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1. Budget? 20-25k
2. Display type and size? Any type, size 18:9
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Will have to accept Chinese oem's in this budget
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Any
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Stock Android. If possible then Oreo out of the box and at least next 2 ota updates
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). Delete this question
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Multipurpose
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Nope
10. Any other info that you want to share. No moto, lenovo at all.

hotshot05

I luv Digit
Nokia 7 Plus

All Nokia phones are Android One phones. So you will get lots of updates. And Nokia updates seem to be much more stable than the one's provided by Xiaomi for the Mi A1

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Nokia 7 Plus

All Nokia phones are Android One phones. So you will get lots of updates. And Nokia updates seem to be much more stable than the one's provided by Xiaomi for the Mi A1

Thanks. Looks good. Is it available from offline stores? That processor for 26k bucks is a meh, other specs are fine though. Any other alternative?
Xiaomi is infected with miui, so a big no.

Thanks. Looks good. Is it available from offline stores? That processor for 26k bucks is a meh, other specs are fine though. Any other alternative?
Xiaomi is infected with miui, so a big no.
The SoC is good, it outperforms S821 in CPU benchmarks but has inferior GPU.
Snapdragon 660: Benchmarks, impressions and everything you need to know!

Unless you are gaming, its good. Considering you want stock android, Nokia 7 Plus is a great choice & might be the only option (Moto X4 is overpriced).

Other options are Honor View 10 & LG G6 both of which cost 30k & doesn't have stock android. You can wait for Mi A2 as well, as it might provide S660 + stock android for 18-20k.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Unless you are gaming, its good. Considering you want stock android, Nokia 7 Plus is a great choice & might be the only option (Moto X4 is overpriced).

Other options are Honor View 10 & LG G6 both of which cost 30k & doesn't have stock android. You can wait for Mi A2 as well, as it might provide S660 + stock android for 18-20k.

When is the A2 launching and what are the specs?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Compare Xiaomi Mi A2 (Mi 6X) vs. Nokia 7 plus - GSMArena.com

It might launch in a month or two, no reliable info yet. Note that it lacks 3.5mm jack & camera experience should be better on Nokia due to dual pixel AF which is very fast.
Thanks. Checked the Nokia 7 plus, ordinary looking phone with good specs but not worth 26k I guess. Can't wait for 2 months. Need to buy this week. Any other alternative or should I go with the overpriced 7 plus?

Minion

Conversation Architect
1. Budget? 20-25k
2. Display type and size? Any type, size 18:9
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Will have to accept Chinese oem's in this budget
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Any
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Stock Android. If possible then Oreo out of the box and at least next 2 ota updates
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). Delete this question
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Multipurpose
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Nope
10. Any other info that you want to share. No moto, lenovo at all.
wait for zenfone 5

Minion

Conversation Architect

Mi A2 will not have headphone jack

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Nope. Snapdragon 636
M1 is competitor of Mi Redmi Note 5 Pro

This page says mediatek
Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1) ZB570TL - Full phone specifications
Sorry I am on phone, not able to find any other model by the same name.

Top Bottom