Mobile(Android) under 24k

randomuser111

Technomancer
Yaah battery consumption is more in ZL ....but that doesnt stop anybody from buying N5 or S4 or G2 ....all high end have FHD+5 inch
N5 =2300 :D :D
G2 5.2 inch=3000
S4 = 2600
ZL = 2370

And viewing angle is 100% personal choice ....I dont want somebody to view my huge 5 inch screen from far off ....I have always thought mobile as personal belonging and its better that only I can view it. ...and its fine on ZL till 45-135 degree ...donno y somebody wants it to view from 170 degree :D

Haha that's true but some people seem fixated on having 170 degree viewing angles on their phones and cribbing about it as if it's THE most important thing to base their decision on :-D

Even though Sony is moving to IPS for majority of its models in 2014, I personally would have preferred limited viewing angles for the same reason you mentioned.

To each their own I guess :wink:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Haha that's true but some people seem fixated on having 170 degree viewing angles on their phones and cribbing about it as if it's THE most important thing to base their decision on :-D

Even though Sony is moving to IPS for majority of its models in 2014, I personally would have preferred limited viewing angles for the same reason you mentioned.

To each their own I guess :wink:

I prefer my mobile placed on my desk and do chats in fb and what's app... Without my sr. Notice it.. So viewing angles are most imp for me....

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Yaah battery consumption is more in ZL ....but that doesnt stop anybody from buying N5 or S4 or G2 ....all high end have FHD+5 inch
N5 =2300 :D :D
G2 5.2 inch=3000
S4 = 2600
ZL = 2370

And viewing angle is 100% personal choice ....I dont want somebody to view my huge 5 inch screen from far off ....I have always thought mobile as personal belonging and its better that only I can view it. ...and its fine on ZL till 45-135 degree ...donno y somebody wants it to view from 170 degree :D

Lol don't even compare the ZL with S4 & G2... They both are having superb screens with gr8 battery life.....

I was only talking about Zl vs ZR... Zl not worth that FHD screen if u r losing on battery front... ZR is the perfect at least u r going to get good battery life out of it.

How's your Nexus 4 display quality after applying the color fix ?? Have you tried the display patch imported from the settings of Optimus G ? I have read people saying that nexus 4's display colors are not calibrated properly.

I am using obscenity Amoled rgb settings and colors are super sharp popping and vibrant...

Can u guys give me some link ? I didn't come across anything like that in XDA

Coming to point OP has to decide between ZL & ZR, acc. to his requirements

sujoyp

Grand Master
@Rohan after some research I agree that S4 and G2 have much better battery life in spite of having huge FHD screen:)

But ZL is not that bad and it have a balance of battery and 5 inch FHD screen

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Can u guys give me some link ? I didn't come across anything like that in XDA

On which kernel you are?
Just install faux clock (paid ver) ang in that you can play with gamma settings... My screen is now same as my s 3's Amoled with deep Black's and popping colors.

BTW I am using Hells Core kernel b43... Best for battery and performance... Getting 5 hours SOT... :)

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Here is a small glimpse...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389779587587.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389779587587.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 87

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
@Rohan after some research I agree that S4 and G2 have much better battery life in spite of having huge FHD screen:)

But ZL is not that bad and it have a balance of battery and 5 inch FHD screen

My offc mate bought ZL last month but was complaining abt heating issue as well as avg battery life.. I played candy crush for just 15-2O mins and it was like oven...He replace the peice but same... So now he bought G2 and now selling the ZL as snapdeal is not ready to refund....
Ohh and viewing angles does matter while playing games if there are more than 2 people like candy crush... Also for watching videos... Other office buddy having ZR and he is not a heavy user so his phone easily last him 2 days....
@OP u should consider ZR. Trust me you will not notice any difference in 1080p vs 720p display... ;)

On which kernel you are?
Just install faux clock (paid ver) ang in that you can play with gamma settings... My screen is now same as my s 3's Amoled with deep Black's and popping colors.

BTW I am using Hells Core kernel b43... Best for battery and performance... Getting 5 hours SOT... :)

Using crDroid ROM, which has its own custom kernel(supports all the stuffs needed) which has good battery life...... With browsing net via wifi, & some gaming, i was able to get 3.5hr S.O.T , which I consider as improvement

OP
P

Puneet247

Broken In
@OP u should consider ZR. Trust me you will not notice any difference in 1080p vs 720p display... ;)

I have ordered nexus 4 online today for 22.1k( since cant find zl even under 25k and for ebay i dont have any credit or debit cads) but today only i found that local dealer is selling zl at 24k. but ZR at 25k (I cant understand why?) In Great dellima now What to do ???? Any Suggestion who would u opt A Nexus with a lot of developer support good hardware, screen and at the same time zl same hardware 1080p screep(viewing angles abit problem but that doesnt matter) better camera. I heard that nexus 4 also heat at gaming.

I have ordered nexus 4 online today for 22.1k( since cant find zl even under 25k and for ebay i dont have any credit or debit cads) but today only i found that local dealer is selling zl at 24k. but ZR at 25k (I cant understand why?) In Great dellima now What to do ???? Any Suggestion who would u opt A Nexus with a lot of developer support good hardware, screen and at the same time zl same hardware 1080p screep(viewing angles abit problem but that doesnt matter) better camera. I heard that nexus 4 also heat at gaming.
Every android phone heats up......... Xperia Z heats up quickly though, same might be case with ZL, while gaming..... As I'm using a case, i don't feel much heat from my phone

No doubt, N4 has great dev support but Xperia ZR has dev support, not so great though
Sony Xperia ZR - xda-developers

kapilove77

Padawan
My offc mate bought ZL last month but was complaining abt heating issue as well as avg battery life.. I played candy crush for just 15-2O mins and it was like oven...He replace the peice but same... So now he bought G2 and now selling the ZL as snapdeal is not ready to refund....
Ohh and viewing angles does matter while playing games if there are more than 2 people like candy crush... Also for watching videos... Other office buddy having ZR and he is not a heavy user so his phone easily last him 2 days....

Hahaha i can't stop my laugh at that. You guyz arguing with the guy who hasn't even used the device yet and just saying his views after reading review on sites only or listening from his friends. Personally using this device almost for year now and tell you that if u missed zl for 24k then u missed amazing device for right now. Yes phone heats up but it's not heat up like nexus 4 or even Z and the reason behind that is the backside which made of some grip type material which suck some heat coming from inside. Not like nexus 4 which has glass back which makes it more hot. Even if u read in internet nexus backside break just from heat(don't know if that is rumor). Viewing angle again it's ur personal choice and it's not like you can't see anything at certain angle but it more like whiteash which makes viewing look little bad. Battery is average. With 4.3 update this phone become smooth as butter and battery improved a lot and will improve more with 4.4 update and certain tricks here n there. So it's upto OP. Any more queries about this phone you can ask me.

OP
P

Puneet247

Broken In
Hahaha i can't stop my laugh at that. You guyz arguing with the guy who hasn't even used the device yet and just saying his views after reading review on sites only or listening from his friends. Personally using this device almost for year now and tell you that if u missed zl for 24k then u missed amazing device for right now. Yes phone heats up but it's not heat up like nexus 4 or even Z and the reason behind that is the backside which made of some grip type material which suck some heat coming from inside. Not like nexus 4 which has glass back which makes it more hot. Even if u read in internet nexus backside break just from heat(don't know if that is rumor). Viewing angle again it's ur personal choice and it's not like you can't see anything at certain angle but it more like whiteash which makes viewing look little bad. Battery is average. With 4.3 update this phone become smooth as butter and battery improved a lot and will improve more with 4.4 update and certain tricks here n there. So it's upto OP. Any more queries about this phone you can ask me.
Thank u very much, :) Now I can make my choice.

Brought xperia zl Just want to ask if it has a sceen guard beside the plastic cover(looks like sceen protector) at the front.

sujoyp

Grand Master
puneet see that its if its a screenguard or just plastic coat on screen ....I think its just a plastic coat to keep screen new...and not a scratch guard.

@randomuser :rofl::nanananana:

Top Bottom