[MMO] DayZ- The hardest yet most addictive survival fps

Piyush

Lanaya
*www.psychicgamers.co.uk/_/rsrc/1374167564602/articles/dayz-standalone/dayz-standalone-banner.jpg
Developer(s) Bohemia Interactive
Publisher(s) Bohemia Interactive
Platform(s) PC, PlayStation 4
Release date(s) December 16, 2013 (Early Alpha)
Genre(s) Survival horror Massively multiplayer online game
Official website DayZ
Official forum DayZ Forum
Reddit r/DayZ

So this game is being counted as the most punishing and yet addictive game this year. Based on ARMA, the actual map size was 225 sq km and has been expanded to 255 sq km. And what makes this game unique? I'll list down some points just to get started.

>> Massive open world with only 1 time load concept.
>> Map size is is twice larger than GTA 5 map and that too without any vehicles.
>> In order to survive , we have to adapt and learn most basic things. For example, you found a canned Tuna, you have to search for a tool to open the can or use some knife/ machete to open it but that way you will spill some of the food. Not to forget, there is also a food condition to be kept in mind. Same goes for water, uncleaned water will make you sick unless you use water purification tablets.
>> We are given only a working torch in the beginning and are spawned at a random location (it will be close to sea shore though).
>> No map, no bag, no food supplies, no weapon. You have to search for those items.
>> You found a gun? OK. You found its ammo as well? Good. But did you find its magazine?
>> Proper day night cycle. Realistic weather effects as well. One can find his direction by observing the sun position and the direction of wind.
>> Once you die, you die properly in game. You will lose all your belongings when you respawn next time. Just remember, all it takes that 1 bullet from the sniper guy who was hiding in a building 400m away from the loot you were about to take.
>> There is no story. What you do in game, is the story . Thats why its unique. Its your wish. You can be a hero by helping the newbies/ other players in dire need OR be a bandit by killing the friendly looking people OR just a loner to scavenge and survive on your own.
>> And much more........ I cant even recollect what to write. So much happened in those 16 hrs I played this game.
The community is vast. And it will only grow since it is so much playable now in alpha stage, it will only get better as the time passes by.
I'm looking forward to play with guys here.

Playing as a clan, roaming in groups, fighting off other hostile groups, fishing and cooking Tuna under that sparkling moonlight and clear night sky...... its just beautiful.

Right now, me, thetechfreak, multisapman have this game. Faun was also interested in it and might buy it soon.

So see you guys in Chernarus+ (Dayz map name) :)

Last edited:

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I am also waiting for the game to release . For now i am playing Rust which is very similar to Dayz . But none of my friends play it :( .

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
Is it good to buy Dayz at this alpha state. I seen many negative reviews
There are some bugs but they arent that much of an annoyance. Most of the negative reviews are from 2 types of people:
1. Those who have no patience whatsoever . They want everything with minimal muscle work.
2. Those who played so much, had good gear and then got backstab by some online so called friend.
I am also waiting for the game to release . For now i am playing Rust which is very similar to Dayz . But none of my friends play it :( .
I have no idea about Rust, seems some images only once. IS it very similar to DayZ?
So DayZ or Rust ?
No idea as of now.

gameranand

Living to Play
Living alone and surviving the harsh environment created by other players. Add to that backstabbing and all, NOPE the game is not from me. I can't get off my RPG playing style and that way I'm only going to get killed.

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
Living alone and surviving the harsh environment created by other players. Add to that backstabbing and all, NOPE the game is not from me. I can't get off my RPG playing style and that way I'm only going to get killed.

Thats why clans are for. Go in groups and then see who has the balls to touch you :D
Thats what I experienced
And this game is perfect for me :cool:

Last edited:
OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
Ok i will be there :-D

Sorry I came a bit late (8:40). But you were offline by that time. I played till 11:30
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, I came across 2 guys, who were friends. They acted all friendly in the beginning after seeing me all geared up. But when they figured out I had no intentions of killing them, one of them shot me in both legs, made me lie down, hit me some melee weapon , left me die . Just for the gear I was carrying.
So, I've decided to kill them next time I meet, I have already remembered their name and even if they change, I cant forget their voices.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ That's what happen in these survival zombie games. I got fed up with that in "Infestation: Survivor Stories" and from that moment, I dont want to play these genres anymore. Unless we, from TDF, form a group and fight others off, there is no hope in this game.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Sorry I came a bit late (8:40). But you were offline by that time. I played till 11:30
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, I came across 2 guys, who were friends. They acted all friendly in the beginning after seeing me all geared up. But when they figured out I had no intentions of killing them, one of them shot me in both legs, made me lie down, hit me some melee weapon , left me die . Just for the gear I was carrying.
So, I've decided to kill them next time I meet, I have already remembered their name and even if they change, I cant forget their voices.

Rule no 1 for Dayz - Never trust anyone . Even your friends can betray you out of desperation .

I was playing Rust when i saw a guy got sniped . So i looted the dead guy and ran as fast as possible toward my camp . When i get there , there were already two enemies waiting for me . It was 3 vs 1 assault , and they won :( .

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
^^ That's what happen in these survival zombie games. I got fed up with that in "Infestation: Survivor Stories" and from that moment, I dont want to play these genres anymore. Unless we, from TDF, form a group and fight others off, there is no hope in this game.
Is it MMO fps as well? I havent played that game.
Rule no 1 for Dayz - Never trust anyone . Even your friends can betray you out of desperation .

I was playing Rust when i saw a guy got sniped . So i looted the dead guy and ran as fast as possible toward my camp . When i get there , there were already two enemies waiting for me . It was 3 vs 1 assault , and they won :( .

They kept asking me, where are you from. When I answered, they did that. They were from SEA region I think.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Played DayZ for a while back home and collected few items in my 3rd character(2 others died under hilarious circumstances). Will download the game again soon.

Once I came across a guy with a lot of military gear...he dropped a bag and gave me a lot of items and shoes etc. Was great. Usually my rule of thumb while playing is keep distance from everyone and say friendly when near. If they look to attack you : run if they have no gun else if they have a gun try and fight till we take damage.

My Steam ID is: wuodland, other players add me :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom