Mitsubishi 3* AC vs Lloyd 5* AC

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Mitsubishi vs Panasonic vs Hitachi 5* AC upto 40K

I have a budget of rs.35000 for 1.5 ton ac. I am confused between Lloyd LS19A5LK 5* and Mitsubishi MS-H18VA 3*. Lloyd 5* is costing rs.34000 with installation and stabiliser and Mitsubishi 3* is costing rs.38000 with installation and stabiliser

A naala flows near my house and I hv already tried aluminium ac of sharp but it also develops gas leakage in 2-3 years. usage will be 8 hrs a day. which of the two should I buy?

please also tell what saving can be done in 5 star ac of Lloyd with eer of 3.59 as compared to Mitsubishi eer of 3.29.

pls advice.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
8 hrs a day...wow :) Our LG 5star AC gave us a bill of 6.5k for may month using around 8 hrs..and now we are planning to reduce the usage of AC.

Sorry for offtopic :p

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
it can't be that 8 hrs of usage will cost u 6.5k. As currently we are using 2 acs, 1 being sharp inverton and another being Voltas 3 star ac but it bill is coming to rs.7700 with 9 hrs of usage on both the acs with 1 plasma, 1 pc, 1 led and 5 tubelights 9 hrs aprox daily.

icebags

Technomancer
@op, go for inverter ac eyes closed.

[OFFTOPIC]
ya, even if a 1500 watt ac runs for 8 hrs a day at full power it will cost about 12 units daily. so, 12x10 rs per unit = 120/- per day , 3,600/- per month.

but ac does never run at full load all the time, unless u burn a stove in the ac room, or invite all ur friends and foes to the room to live 8x30.
6.5k is just too unreal.
[/OFFTOPIC]

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
as per sellers, cost of difference between 3* & 5* takes 2-3 years to recover if run for 8 hrs daily. can anyone confirm.

if so, I should take a Lloyd 3* AC and it will save me nearly ₹ 13000

sujoyp

Grand Master
Even if in normal time we consume 300 units and adding an AC (10 unit per day)it becomes 600 units.

in maharastra 1-100 - 3.76
101-300 = 7.21
301 - 500 = 9.95
501-1000 = 11.31

then it comes to = 376+1442+1990+1131 = 4939 ....its almost 5k

12 unit per day is 372 units that becomes 5753 as bill

- - - Updated - - -

link to terif -MERC reduces MSEDCL Power Tariff from 1st June 2015 | Natural Grou

- - - Updated - - -

link to terif -MERC reduces MSEDCL Power Tariff from 1st June 2015 | Natural Grou

icebags

Technomancer
^ you are not counting load factor. my ac normally stays on for 1 minutes in every 5 minutes, when set at 27 degrees C. i.e. in every 1 hour it fetches that rated power for 12 minutes.

if stays on for 8 hrs , on average it consumes 1.5*1.2=1.8 units daily.

if i consider 2 units for 30 days, its 60*11 = 660/- per month.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
can In I get an inverter model upto 40k & would it be feasible to install inverter model on usage of 8 hrs.

as far I know it will take nearly 8 years to recover the cost of difference of ac between 3* and inverter av, and nowadays there are no good inverter ac around 40k, if yes suggest model please.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
You should get an inverter AC.
Daikin DTKP50RRV16 is available for 42k. ISEER rating is 4.17

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Daikin and Hitachi ahs great after sales , Im a bit iffy about Mitsubishi rightnow . Yes Inverter is the way to go but keep in mind Inverter comes with two control boards one in the indoor and one in the outdoor unit. If they go bad the outdoor board will cost no less than Rs 8500 and upwards (Rs 12500 for Sharp) and internal board Rs 4500 upwards (Rs 7300 for Sharp). Keep that in mind. Yes Inverter offers more saving anyday over star rated acs.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
You should get an inverter AC.
Daikin DTKP50RRV16 is available for 42k. ISEER rating is 4.17

I checked out Daikin DTKP50RRV16 but it is an old model, this year's model is coming for Rs.45000/- but the online reviews on Daikin inverter model are not good.

Then I checked the biljibachao.com website and as per that site, my room will need a 5* ac of 1.7 ton but as 1.7 ton is not available, I am going for 1.5 ton which will be more efficient and not an inverter ac as per my requirement. Hence I searched for 5* ac and found the following models interested:

Mitsubishi MS-GK18VA or MS-GL18VF (Can't find the difference between the both other than the gas) This AC does not comes with a copper pipe and the services of this company are not good as there is only one service centre in Delhi.
or
Panasonic KC18RKY2 or Panasonic CS CU KC18RKY1 (Hav'nt seen anyone having Panasonic AC in my society) Services of this company are good in Delhi but costly. Installation is free in panasonic.
or
Hitachi ACE RAU518HUD (They have transferred their service deptt. to private company & since then the services have become rubbish as found online).

Local AC service engineers have also suggested me to buy Napoleon Split AC which as per them are much better than the above companies and has bigger life span as compared to the above AC due to better quality of copper & these are specially designed for places near naala etc and will serve me more but these donot have any star rating and are available only at a few shops. Price of napoleon AC is 28000 & 29000/- for two models of split.

Napolean AC ( Air Conditioners ) with an accent on the Peace-of-min

Kindly suggest me which one to go for ?

Compare Mitsubishi MS GK18VA 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC Vs Panasonic CS CU KC18RKY2 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC Vs Hitachi Ace Cut Out RAU518HUD 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC Vs Panasonic CS CU KC18RKY1 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC

Last edited:
Top Bottom