Mission Impossible! Can you answer this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep

Version 2.0
You cannot create because it is one of the dos commands

You cannot create folders with these names:

Names conflicting with some of Win OS' old DOS functions (Not allowed in either upper or lowercase and with or without a file extension: COM1 to COM9 inclusive, LPT1 to LPT9 inclusive, CON, PRN, AUX, CLOCK$ and NUL)

More info here: *www.portfoliofaq.com/pfaq/FAQ00352.htm (Point 12)

Deep

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
nice, i will ask my friends to create such folder and when they fail i will tell them that i hace hacked their systems :evil

anomit

In the zone
Not exactly 'news'.........

Previosly was discussed here and I posted a workaround but sadly instead of getting any credit, got kinda flamed.

Still if you wish, its here.......

anomit

In the zone
Some more details on the workaround:

*img10.imageshack.us/img10/1066/hex7rg.th.jpg

In the screenshot above, it can be seen that the words CLOCK$, AUX etc. are presnt in the ntio.sys file shown in the right pane

Now, when you select a character like 'C', the corresponding hex vaule i.e. 43 or more specifically 0x43 is selected on the left side. Now change this vaule to 00 or null for every character and create the workaround.

This can be done with any Hex Editor worth its salt or even with VC++

Deep

Version 2.0
WTF...DUDE YOU ARE CROSSING THE LIMITS NOW...IF I SEE YOU POSTING CRAP LIKE THIS THEN YOU ARE GONE..AND I AM SERIOUS ABOUT IT...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Deep, save all the trouble.. close this thread... thread starter got what he wanted... members spamming... I can close if you say : "YES!" :p

Deep

Version 2.0
Actually I am feeling that just banning the guy coz his previous posts are all kind of spam..
So once he does one more mistake and he is gone..

Anyways like you said...its time to lock the thread...

techiways, let me know if you want me to re-open it.

Thanks
Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom