MIS software...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
I was just made a part of small MIS development project of high school (+2)where my friend teaches .So i dont know much about these MIS and all but she says that she can invest some money to buy a software and install it there ..
so what i wan tto know is ,
which is best ,may be good software to implement MIS..?
any good MIS software for the educational institution?

will be thankful for the info.
are there any e books or paper books where can i get how to design such mis for educational institution.
thanks
saha

Do you mean MIS as in Manufacturing Informations Systems? I may be able to help you out here. But software is bloody expensive. Even large manuf. organisations in India think twice before implementing full blown MRP and MRP2's.

OR, is it Management Information Systems? If yes, what part of MIS are you dabbling in? Is it Functional support, or Decision making, or Strategic support or Performance monitoring.

If you're into Quality Function deployment, FMEA's etc, I can let you in on how to obtain demo softwares (spreadsheet based) for the same.

Cheers,
Keith (MEng Manufacturing - RMIT Australia :wink: )

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
Keith Sebastian said:
Do you mean MIS as in Manufacturing Informations Systems? I may be able to help you out here. But software is bloody expensive. Even large manuf. organisations in India think twice before implementing full blown MRP and MRP2's.

OR, is it Management Information Systems? If yes, what part of MIS are you dabbling in? Is it Functional support, or Decision making, or Strategic support or Performance monitoring.

If you're into Quality Function deployment, FMEA's etc, I can let you in on how to obtain demo softwares (spreadsheet based) for the same.

Cheers,
Keith (MEng Manufacturing - RMIT Australia :wink: )
there no thing to be cheer in your post frankly
any way thanks for reply
what a management information system of a educational institute have ....?
students ,teacher database
online teaching tools ...records ....results...assignment ....
i forget to tell that it will be be in intranet not internet ...
any way thanks for al least trying to help
but i didnt found the answer
thanks.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
mukul said:
plz clarify MIS
mis of high school that consist of the keeping all students,teachers database...
may be online studying tools some messageboard and others tools
a total management of online studying....and info

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
aadipa said:
MIS = Management Information System....

Such software are tailor made for given system.
but at least there may be some software of tutorials how it can ne done with most common features
is there any application download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom