Minor mid life upgrade ~ Help Needed !

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys ... I need your help !
My old PC needs some minor upgrades (Or should I say replacements )as some of the components are showing the signs reaching End of life. My PC usage has resorted to only using Internet and make power point presentations with occassional movie after getting my job so it should be as cheap as possible while maintaing the quality.

My current RIG is
1.AMD X2 7750
2.2 GB DDR 800 Transcennd
3.Asus M2N VM DVI
4.AOC VA 1917 LCD (19" wide)
5.Creative 4.1 Speakers ( 5years Old..taken from my previous rig )
6.HP DVD Writer 1035
and other usual stuffs...running Win 7 x64

Now the DVD writer has stopped working and the Creative speaker makes a lot of noise with frequent power fluctuations. So I've decided to replace it. Also need to buy some other component also...please suggest me the best options !

My requirements are

1. One good DVD writer (SATA )
2. 2.1 Speaker set (Budget ....but should be of brands like creative / altec lansing )
3. One Inkjet All in One with low running cost
4. One Internal TV tuner card which supports X64 Win 7 and Widescreen res

I will be buying from kolkata .. so please advise accordingly

Thnx and regards

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys ... I need your help !
My old PC needs some minor upgrades (Or should I say replacements )as some of the components are showing the signs reaching End of life. My PC usage has resorted to only using Internet and make power point presentations with occassional movie after getting my job so it should be as cheap as possible while maintaing the quality.

My current RIG is
1.AMD X2 7750
2.2 GB DDR 800 Transcennd
3.Asus M2N VM DVI
4.AOC VA 1917 LCD (19" wide)
5.Creative 4.1 Speakers ( 5years Old..taken from my previous rig )
6.HP DVD Writer 1035
and other usual stuffs...running Win 7 x64

Now the DVD writer has stopped working and the Creative speaker makes a lot of noise with frequent power fluctuations. So I've decided to replace it. Also need to buy some other component also...please suggest me the best options !

My requirements are

1. One good DVD writer (SATA )
2. 2.1 Speaker set (Budget ....but should be of brands like creative / altec lansing )
3. One Inkjet All in One with low running cost
4. One Internal TV tuner card which supports X64 Win 7 and Widescreen res

I will be buying from kolkata .. so please advise accordingly

Thnx and regards

1. SAMSUNG SH-S223C (22X) ---> 1.1k
2. Creative SBS A300 ---> 1.3k
3. no idea sorry.
4. PixelView Play TV Pro 3 ---> 1.2k

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
why samsung to have the tray problem after one year

better with lg or sony

altec lansing bxr1221

check out some officejet
like hp4355

or better go with cannon or samsung printers

AVER TV BOX GENIE 1 (M075) - 1450/

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok guys ...here's an update !
I've decided to beef up a bit for the speakers. I am going for Creative T6100 5.1 speaker system . Samsung SH 223 C seems to be the most widely suggested DVD writer so I am goting for it too !

Now I am really confused about the All in One and TV tuner part.
HP cartridges are way too costly so no way I am gonna go for them ...so canon and epson seems to be the options ...any suggestion ?

And for the TV tuner ...should I go for external tv tuner or stick to internal one ? Which one would be better ?

Top Bottom