Minister Satyapal Singh calls for international debate on Darwin’s theory of evolution

Flash

Lost in speed
Last week, Singh said there was no evidence to show evolution. Soon after, members of the scientific community drafted a letter asking him to retract his statement.

On Monday, the BJP minister said in Guwahati, “I absolutely stand by my comment that Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution is not scientific.”

Asked if the Centre will delete references to Darwin’s theory from textbooks, the minister said,

I propose [it], if the Ministry of Human Resource Development is ready to sponsor a world-level international conference to decide what is true and factual and that must be taught in schools and colleges.

Source: Minister Satyapal Singh calls for international debate on Darwin’s theory of evolution

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
What an idiot. Obviously, Indians came up with evolution when Darwin's ancestors were still coming down from the trees.

Someone should give Satyapal this book > A Tribute to Hinduism: Thoughts and Wisdom Spanning Continents and Time about India and Her Culture
("She" refers to Helena Blavatsky)

*i.imgur.com/Q6BjbZm.jpg

icebags

Technomancer
finally someone started to talk with senses i guess. really, nobody has seen apes evolving to humans, neither its documented anywhere. :clap2:

karthik99387

Broken In
I hope this was sarcasm!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

From a Political/Religious stand point its a good move.....when you realize that modern evolution theory was responsible for promoting atrocities againt other races all around the world and also for promoting the Aryan invation theory.

What an idiot. Obviously, Indians came up with evolution when Darwin's ancestors were still coming down from the trees.

Unlike the muslims the Christians who came to conquer our country manipulated our texts to fit their own agenda.....that too the material that came out of the theosophical society and the writings of blavadsky are highly contoversial.Missionaries and others who are not scientifically qualified wrote modern indian history and (mis)interpreted our religious texts for grants from the church and these kind of things still goes on....

I'm not saying that the evolotion theory is wrong...There is a lot going on behind the screen and not everyone who talk against modern scientific theories can be discredited as religious and idiots.

Last edited:

hotshot05

I luv Digit
From a Political/Religious stand point its a good move.....when you realize that modern evolution theory was responsible for promoting atrocities againt other races all around the world and also for promoting the Aryan invation theory.

Unlike the muslims the Christians who came to conquer our country manipulated our texts to fit their own agenda.....that too the material that came out of the theosophical society and the writings of blavadsky are highly contoversial.Missionaries and others who are not scientifically qualified wrote modern indian history and (mis)interpreted our religious texts for grants from the church and these kind of things still goes on....

I'm not saying that the evolotion theory is wrong...There is a lot going on behind the screen and not everyone who talk against modern scientific theories can be discredited as religious and idiots.
I hope you realise that the Church was against Darwin's theory of evolution as it reduced their importance in the minds of common people. The church or any religious institute used to occupy a high place as they claimed to represent god and god is the only one who created all of nature(plants, animals). So in their opinion, there is no chance of humans evolving from apes as humans were created by god itself.

So no need to present a conspiracy theory that missionaries rewrote our history and biology books to include darwin's theory to win funds from the church.

Also Satyapal's reasoning was outrageous - no body has seen humans evolve from apes and so it must not be true. I hope he does not deal with everyday life with this kind of reasoning.
e g - Narendra Modi cannot be PM as I have not counted every vote that people all over India have cast. Also I was not there in the meeting when BJP high command chose to project NaMo as PM candidate.

Just to make it clear (in case you have forgotten biology or history), we share many features with primates. We have many vestigial organs in common with primates. Whenever we have found remains of really old humans (Neanderthal men or even older), the anatomy of their remains have been analyzed and the scientists have come to the conclusion that humans have evolved from primates. (There may be other reason too but this is what I can remember right now)

karthik99387

Broken In
So no need to present a conspiracy theory that missionaries rewrote our history and biology books to include darwin's theory to win funds from the church.

I know the church is against evolution theory....so far.

The church also had changed their statement on many historical and scientific theories in the past.It doesnt matter what they say anymore.if something suits their political agenda to spread their religion they will sitck to it.

Do you deny that the evolution theory was not used as a political tool by the people in power to justify their atrocities towards people of other race?

All im saying is there are more sides to this theory.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
More people have died in road accidents than people killed in two world wars put together so does that mean we should abandon all motor vehicles & start walking or riding on animals.Just because Evolution theory was misused by some doesn't mean it is not right to use it or there are some hidden sides to using automobiles.This minister actually holds a PG degree in Chemistry & make such statements & people wonder why Indian institutes are never even in top 200 of any reputable education institute ranking.:lol:

karthik99387

Broken In
More people have died in road accidents than people killed in two world wars put together so does that mean we should abandon all motor vehicles & start walking or riding on animals.Just because Evolution theory was misused by some doesn't mean it is not right to use it or there are some hidden sides to using automobiles.This minister actually holds a PG degree in Chemistry & make such statements & people wonder why Indian institutes are never even in top 200 of any reputable education institute ranking.:lol:
They say humans evolved out of africa and before speading into asia they some how magically built boats and went to australia and become native australians......do you agree with that?

mod edit:incorrect content removed

dont you want to know our true origins without any religious and racial bias?

Last edited by a moderator:

hotshot05

I luv Digit
They say humans evolved out of africa and before speading into asia they some how magically built boats and went to australia and become native australians......do you agree with that?

Aryan invasion theory was fake as well which says that we are primitive apes and white men conquered us and gave us language and culture and this is the reason most of our scripture were given later date compared to chinese other middle eastern scrpitures...which is highly unlikely.

I guess you have again forgotten that the theory is that there was a single land mass on the earth. Over billions of years, the land mass became fractured due to tectonic movements (which cause earthquakes and all) and drifted apart. So no one has to build a boat to go to Australia!

I have never heard of the theory which says that white people taught us how to speak and write! This is news to me! Any link to such a theory?

Darth Vader

In the zone

Aryan invasion theory was fake as well which says that we are primitive apes and white men conquered us and gave us language and culture and this is the reason most of our scripture were given later date compared to chinese other middle eastern scrpitures...which is highly unlikely.

Darwin Evolution theory(science) has nothing to do with Aryan invasion (propaganda).

karthik99387

Broken In
I guess you have again forgotten that the theory is that there was a single land mass on the earth. Over billions of years, the land mass became fractured due to tectonic movements (which cause earthquakes and all) and drifted apart. So no one has to build a boat to go to Australia!

India broke away from the other fragments of Gondwana 100 million years ago.
Indian Plate - Wikipedia

Early humans first migrated out of Africa into Asia probably between 2 million and 1.8 million years ago.
Introduction to Human Evolution | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

So now youre saying humans evolved out of africa before 100 million years ago before the tectonic plates seperated? seriously? o_O

I have never heard of the theory which says that white people taught us how to speak and write! This is news to me! Any link to such a theory?
Yeah its called aryan invasion theory look it up in google.i think you must have forgoten all your school history lessons.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It would be interesting to find Modi's views on Satyapal Singh. At the time when our Prime Minister talk about evolution of the country, there are ministers from same party who is in opposition of Evolution itself. I want this debate.

hotshot05

I luv Digit
India broke away from the other fragments of Gondwana 100 million years ago.
Indian Plate - Wikipedia

Early humans first migrated out of Africa into Asia probably between 2 million and 1.8 million years ago.
Introduction to Human Evolution | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

So now youre saying humans evolved out of africa before 100 million years ago before the tectonic plates seperated? seriously? o_O

Yeah its called aryan invasion theory look it up in google.i think you must have forgoten all your school history lessons.
India is linked to Africa and Europe by land. So no need for any boats.

The smithsonian website mentioned that first humans probably appeared in Australia 60000 years back and in America 30k years back. I don't really know how they came there. Everything is a theory anyway and we are still piecing together our history.

karthik99387

Broken In
Everything is a theory anyway and we are still piecing together our history.
yea thats why we need to mod edit:"debate on Darwin’s theory of evolution"."debate on why a minister like him is the state minister in HRD ministry"

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom