Mini Pc as desktop

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

I am looking for some mini ultra cheap pc for desktop, want something where I can install Linux mint or something and connect keyboard+mouse+Monitor for internet surfing and office documents editing. Nothing more. Budget is real low as I was looking into Android PCs (4-5K),however, I decided to to take advice of folks here if there something more precise. And there is power consumption factor too.

And here is questionnaire for the sake of rituals :

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Web based office application and sometimes spreadsheets

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 5K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nah..

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Linux mint or similar and windows can be installed then good

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Just need 1 GB space to save docs.. rest for OS

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Not really as looking for all in one kind of things

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This month itself.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: If assembling is required, will do myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Online preferred if source as well as brand is reliable and have service center available nearby .

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I know most people will suggest Raspberry Pi however, monitors I have have only analog vga ports.. + I want something ready to use out of the box for desktop purpose.

Top Bottom