mine modem ip address is 10.20.30.40 but mine isp ip address is 182.57.xx.xx

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone

how to get modem ip address identity on network
i mean when some one sees mine ip address it should come 10.20.30.40 not 182.57.xx.xx

is there any software which can change ip address to 10.20.30.xx

i want to change ip address to range 10.20.30.XX .
like example mine machine should send signal that mine ip address is 10.20.30.xx
whether it is possible

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That is not possible.

Your router's IP address is your local (internal) address, while the ISP's address is your external address. Any application accessing your network from outside your local network, i.e. from the internet will only see your external address because they are not part of your local network. However, any devices that are connected to your router will be able to see your local IP.

That being said, you could set up a VPN server on your local network and set up an external device to login to it, this way that remote device will be part of your local network even over the internet and also view your local IP.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
That is not possible.

Your router's IP address is your local (internal) address, while the ISP's address is your external address. Any application accessing your network from outside your local network, i.e. from the internet will only see your external address because they are not part of your local network. However, any devices that are connected to your router will be able to see your local IP.

That being said, you could set up a VPN server on your local network and set up an external device to login to it, this way that remote device will be part of your local network even over the internet and also view your local IP.

can u tell me steps to set up VPN

Hrishi

how to get modem ip address identity on network
i mean when some one sees mine ip address it should come 10.20.30.40 not 182.57.xx.xx

is there any software which can change ip address to 10.20.30.xx

i want to change ip address to range 10.20.30.XX .
like example mine machine should send signal that mine ip address is 10.20.30.xx
whether it is possible
It's because your ISP hasn't leased a public IP address to you. You along with several other users in your ISP network are sharing the same public IP address of 182.57.xxx.xxx to identify yourself on the outside network/Internet.

Apparently, that 10.20.30.40 IP you see there is a private IP address and can not be used for Internet as its not recognized as a valid Public IP and won't be routed either.
10.x.x.x ; 172.16.x.x ; 192.168.x.x etc are IP ranges that aren't valid for public use.
Public IP address are limited and expensive to buy, so to cut internet costs - ISP simply purchases few IP address and then performs Address Translation on those IP addresses so that they can be shared by tons of other users.

If you're looking for an IP in the public range, which is available only to you then I suggest you to buy a DSL connection (which generally gives you a public IP), or else buy Static IP from your ISP.

Typically people need those static or non-Xlated IP address when they need to host some servers on their network.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

ankitj1611

Journeyman
Your isp has given you nat ip....and you cannot control wan ip until unless you purchase a static ip.,...but static ip too will be given and decided by isp

Top Bottom