Mine Laptop is getting Very hot .

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Mine Laptop is getting Very hot .
Even when i just turn on the laptop for few mins 10-15 mins and without doing any work it starts getting little hot.

But when i do video encoding or when i use to play videos it is getting hotter.

I purchased it on Mar 2006 - So approx it is 1 and 1/2 Years old .

But from some months 2-3 months the problem of getting hot is occuring.
Otherwise there was no problem of heating.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
This is screenshots for the Temperature.
*img227.imageshack.us/img227/1853/temperaturepo7.jpg

*img225.imageshack.us/img225/3263/temperature3fl1.jpg

*img223.imageshack.us/img223/4202/temperature6tw3.jpg

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
OMG 82 C!!!! That HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOT!! Remove the battery and then do your normal work. Measure the temps in this case.

Also, just run the vaccum cleaner in the blower mode and blow out dusts from the heatsink/fan vents.

Keep the laptop on a desk and use. See that the vents are not blocked. Also, are you sure all the fans are running?

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
infra_red_dude said:
OMG 82 C!!!! That HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOT!! Remove the battery and then do your normal work. Measure the temps in this case.

Also, just run the vaccum cleaner in the blower mode and blow out dusts from the heatsink/fan vents.

Keep the laptop on a desk and use. See that the vents are not blocked. Also, are you sure all the fans are running?

yes I HAVE CLEAN THE LAPTOP FAN AND there is no dust now but the heating problem is there. I have used Vaccum cleaner to blow it and alll dust is gone although there was very less dust .

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Ok the next suspect is malware. Just turn on the laptop. Now fire up Mobilemeter and Task manager. Watch closely when the temps reach 82 C which process is consuming near 100% CPU time.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
infra_red_dude said:
Ok the next suspect is malware. Just turn on the laptop. Now fire up Mobilemeter and Task manager. Watch closely when the temps reach 82 C which process is consuming near 100% CPU time.

It is when i am doing conversion from vob to avi
Otherwise in normal use temperature is 60- 65 Degree.

I scanned full computer.No malware

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ahhh ... Thats the reason. its normal when doing such conversion ( 100% CPU ) that the processor will get heated up. were you getting such high temperature when you were converting the files before this problem occured?

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Charan said:
ahhh ... Thats the reason. its normal when doing such conversion ( 100% CPU ) that the processor will get heated up. were you getting such high temperature when you were converting the files before this problem occured?

But in normal use temperature is 59- 62 Degree.

and when i start the computer the temperature is 36 Degree just.
Also while playing games the temperature reaches 80 .

when i purchased laptop 1 and 1/2 years ago then there was no such heating problem.
From 2-3 months only the problem started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom