Microsoft's : Project ThinSight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft UK, has developed a new prototype interactive Touch-Screen, that can recognize hand movements near its screen. The screen acts as a sort of a 2-handed touch interface and as an infrared camera. Effectively, users can operate the display with both hands. This screen can even even recognize particular hand gestures and even communicate wirelessly with other close by devices, using the same infra-red technology that it uses to 'see'. Those who have seen the movie 'Minority Report' may appreciate the concept easily.

The technology was developed by adding an extra layer of electronics behind a normal laptop screen. This had thickened the screen by a couple of cm's but completely transformed its capabilities. This technology has been code-named ThinSight.

praka123

left this forum longback
so,ur saying Microsoft innovated something :shock: :lol:
never expected discovery and innovation from M$.let the time reveals truth. :D

venkatx5

Right off the assembly line
Microsoft Surface is very Good Innovation. But needs compatible devices.. :)

I hope ThinSight won't demand compatible devices..
The technology used in Minority Report is ultimate.. Expecting a awesome tech from MS Soon..

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
i dont know why microsoft is so desperate these days. . . :)

I Think just because gates loosed his WORLD's RICHEST title :D

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
^ btw, there is a general mis-conception that 30% MS guys are Indians; actually 15% of MS employees r of Indian origin.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
anandk said:
^ btw, there is a general mis-conception that 30% MS guys are Indians; actually 15% of MS employees r of Indian origin.

Ghooda(Horse) kahi bhi rahe, akhir Ghooda hi rehta hai. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom