Microsoft to buy Skype

Skype sold for reportedly 8.5$ Billion . :|

Skypehome , SkypeProf , Skype Ultimate coming soon :D

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
And we thought Google and Facebook were on a race to buy Skype. It's funny how Microsoft suddenly bought Skype debunking all the other rumors.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

i dont think so... any way the linux client has not been updated.. it'll stay the same and get updated slowly....

and with skype microsoft need it to be everywhere..(for max profit) on all OS's so i think it wont be killed

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
i dont think so... any way the linux client has not been updated.. it'll stay the same and get updated slowly....

and with skype microsoft need it to be everywhere..(for max profit) on all OS's so i think it wont be killed

Microsoft don't really consider Linux as a customer platform. They have written nought code for Linux, the only case of them writing code for Linux is in their virtualization products which they had no other choice.
At best they might open some specs for the guys at the Mono project to work on a client, but considering the future of Mono is in trouble with recent layoffs with Attachmate, I don't see that happening either.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just saw a little bit old tweet, that happened after this news:
"Microsoft confirms $8.5B Skype purchase & plans to call new service Microsoft Skype Network, or "MS Skynet" for short."

Are we heading to the impending doom? :)

And also, this:
*www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/1540.jpg

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Nice! But I just don't watch TV anymore :(
I am pretty sure, some of them, would be published on MTV's fb page ;)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Can't believe MS payed 8.5 billion for it.
Just yesterday I downloaded it for free. :)

:p :p :p

Top Bottom