Microsoft: Software giant or University

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyushp_20

Geekologist
hi all,
i just read a news in the times of india on 13th that Microsoft is planning to open up a university in bangalore for high end computer education.

the officers from the company came to talk to the government of karnataka few months ago to discuss about the project and after that they also gave a presentation in their headquarters at Brisbane (i suppose).

now further news is that they will come again to india with all the project info.
so isn't that a interesting info for all of us (tech geeks).

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Yeah, interesting
Source: *www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&ct=res&c...Xum07d7IwA_aodbjw&sig2=GTMVYQze-OvPdb1J8J5OKA

Just checked my post count. I am the antichrist now (Post count is 666). Muhahahaha.

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
But apparently, on the very next day, ie. 13th July '07 Times Of India, Bangalore edition has carried out a report on Pg.19, Times Business section.
No varsity plans, says Microsoft : Microsoft Corporation says it has no plans to set up a University in Bangalore. It is not our area of expertise," said an official release from the company...The MS release mentions the company's commitment to the cause of education and the higher learning in IT. We're sensitive to the need of the Indian industry and the government's initiative to bridge the talent gap that it is currently facing. We are and will continue to collaborate with the government, academia and the industry to address the issue..." it said.

The Times web link however still appears as it is..so what is it then...idle...or informed speculation on part of Times !?

joelf15

Journeyman
piyushp_20 said:
hi all,
i just read a news in the times of india on 13th that Microsoft is planning to open up a university in bangalore for high end computer education.

the officers from the company came to talk to the government of karnataka few months ago to discuss about the project and after that they also gave a presentation in their headquarters at Brisbane (i suppose).

now further news is that they will come again to india with all the project info.
so isn't that a interesting info for all of us (tech geeks).

HOPE THERE'S NO OBC SC ST QUOTA THERE!!!!lol!!:D:D:D:D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom