Microsoft says college students can 'steal' Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
arey, u ppl don't get it. as imav said, there sure is some pride attached wid legit copies. even 2k is fine for Office. they should not "strip" the product. but they shud attach the "student edition" label to the product. tho the product won't lack any feature it'll be labelled so. let it be embedded in some system dll (like windows xp home/pro/vista labels etc., not registry) so that students can buy this low price but same feature version. in case corporates buy it, they'll get caught in the raid which anyways they wud've if they'd been using a pirated version. is it not so simple? or is it that MS doesn't wanna reduce piracy?

@pathik
what about the inspiron series? no other alternative therE!!! we don't wanna be crippled... why are we left behind, when piracy is so rampant here and thats what needs to be addressed. thats all i'm asking.

praka123

left this forum longback
abey...kab aayega M$ Office open source edition?koi so raha ke?Linux is eating ur market M$ the marketing genius co..interoperatiblty means office2999 for Linux&BSDs too na?koi shak?after novell -M$ co is assisting? :blurp:

din

Tribal Boy
@infra_red_dude, don't get confused reading what Praka wrote :D

Hes out of control after 'honeybee' !!! LOL

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
infra_red_dude said:
offtopic: din, i hafnt seen any lenovo laptop wid linux. if u haf any model info then plz do pass it on. coz my fren needs a new laptop and will be working on linux only. rite now, since only acer comes wid linux (or freedos) he's thinking of buying that.
infra don't mind but we have a system of of PM's

please use that from next time

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@gary4gar
yes sir. point noted :)

@din
this honeybee is hovering above prakash all the while. whats this all about???

btw, do MS haf something like this for windows too?

Pathik

Google Bot
Openoffice is surely gaining ground...
Btw i wd pay max 3k for a os and 1k for a office suite.. Tho openoffice is enuf for my needs as of now..
@din ye honeybee ka kya jhol hai??
Btw guys isnt praka using too much hindi in his posts these days?? :D

din

Tribal Boy
Offer is only for MS office. More at - *www.theultimatesteal.com - nice site though !!

Praka and Honeybee !!

praka123 said:
(btwn Honeybee started working very well for me.it rocks!inspirational!)

Thats form Arya thread

Seems Praka is havin enough honeybee these days and thats the reason for all these hindi :D

vish786

"The Gentleman"
din said:
@infra_red_dude, don't get confused reading what Praka wrote :D

Hes out of control after 'honeybee' !!! LOL
i c u in each thread getting naughtier and naughtier dr. :D

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
LOL, nothing like that

Honeybee - liquor.

Prakash had enough rt now and he do not know what to do, so hes talking a lot in forum LOL :D

Pathik

Google Bot
Yep infra that s unfair to us indians..
Btw they reduce the cost of the lappy by only abt 3k if we dont want any os..

blackleopard92

In the zone
delivi said:
previously microsoft used to give, Windows Xp and Office free for college students.

but definitely not in India, but in US and other Developed Countries.
wrong dude. MS has MSDNAA alliances in india too. my college is a part of it. we get free copies of Vista, XP, Visual Studio 2005 etc...

din

Tribal Boy
@blackleopard92

Free copies to students ? wow, never knew that. Which college it is ? Thought they give it only to MVPs.

blackleopard92

In the zone
The_Devil_Himself said:
Absolutely free?
its 100% free to students. I don't know if college pays for it or not.

I have legal Vista Business edition, and XP pro running on my system, all thanks to this initative with Microsoft.

din said:
Free copies to students ? wow, never knew that. Which college it is ? Thought they give it only to MVPs.
Netaji Subhas institute of technology

www.nsitonline.in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom