Microsoft Punching Bag (A solution to OS flame wars ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
A word of caution: Strictly for people who dislike Microsoft

Purpose:

A lot of things have been happening in the last few days. OS wars are not new to digit, but this has now turned into a huge battle of some sorts. There is a person Mr. X who did not like people in his group being called gays,morons or whatever. So what he does next, he rights an article on his blog accusing the other party of calling them names. And guess what ? In the same article, he calls the other party names (gay anyone ?) This is going far too ahead and is a cause of increasing concern among members as we saw in this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91231

So whats the point ? There definitely is one and one that is beneficial to the cause of this forum. This thread should probably be made as a punching-bag for people who want to vent out their feelings,frustrations against microsoft.

How would this help ? Take for example this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78106. Why do we think it is so well received ? Simple reason, people here like to pour their hearts out. Most of the OS wars happen, because there is probably a certain level of frustration against microsoft that the other party can do nothing about. So people start flaming thinking this is the way to get back at them. However, this leads to disastrous consequences as we have seen in numerous threads.

I certainly believe having a punching bag like this will *reduce* the number of flame wars that are on an alarming high these days. I guess its worth giving it a shot for some time atleast to see if it works. Fair call ?

So I would just list out the advantages:

1. Lesser flaming
2. Peace-loving people can continue enjoying other threads on the forum.
3. No one will have to *leave* the forum because of flame wars.
4. Good, senior members stay too.

A word for the moderators:

Please give proper reasoning if you want to lock this thread. I would like to know why threads like this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78106 are allowed and why this one is not when both serve the same purpose. If you guys think, you could even rename the title of the thread as you think appropriate (senseless MS bashing is ok too ;) ) Heck, you could even move it to fight-club if you think so.

Also I would request everyone who love MS to stay away to avoid turning this thread into a flame war as well. This thread should be strictly for people to vent out their feelings and frustrations against MS.

Final words:

I am sorry if this sounds like a stupid idea :p But to me I don't think its too bad either ;)

Sorry for the stupid essay style of writing :p

din

Tribal Boy
I must say this is a very nice idea.

I am always optimistic but I am really sorry, lil pessimistic in this !!

The basic thing is, khaitan boys get into useless fight not just coz of their frustation. Let it be for or against Microsoft, or any other Os or any other company.

The logic is - someone start a new thread thats against a company or OS. khaitan boys jumps in and start fighting as if they own the company. Now the reverse also happens. someone start a new thread that is in favor of an OS or company. Other set of khaitan boys comes and start bashing. The basic idea is not constructive criticism. The basic idea is spoil the thread, fight with nonsense points. Mostly blind support (thats what we all call - khaitanboyism )

These boys satisfy only on personal attacks and bashing for no reasons. Having a punch box is really nice idea and I appreciate for it. You presented it in a very nice manner too. But I do not think (sorry too pessimistic I know !) people who hate MS will come here to post all messages and some other guy will start another punch box (for people in favor of MS) and people will go there.

Khaitan boys prefer attacking and spoiling all threads, not one or two. Unless the Mods unite in this and take very strict action (like instant ban / suspend for a week or so) etc for all rubbish posts, these boys will not stop their immature activity. (Ah, I like Raaabo very much in taking instant actions, but he visit forum rarely it seems :( )

Spanking thees boys with cane is the best solution :D

Sorry for being soooo negative. But thats what I see from the forum posts these days :(

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Then we will have to have many punching bags in the forum at the expense of the tech discussions. No can do! for now!

Let them (khaitan)boys come, we got workforce enough to deal with it, with the induction of new mods.

*what is khaitanboyism, its the first time i've heard this term.:p

din

Tribal Boy
To be honest, I do not understand why it is moved ! Well, I think people will start and some Mod foresee that and moved it in advance ?

No complaints, was just curious.

I never post in fight club section, but as I see its moved and a question by Hitboxx, I thought I will post

Khaitan = Fan :D Thats it.

khaitanboyism - new addition to the geek dictionary by Uncle Din ;)

Bye, will not post in this thread.

goobimama

 Macboy
LOL! I thought it was a play on the word sheitaan. Din and his weird jokes. Anyway I think this thread is completely pointless. Not going to work. Only some old school banning is going to fix things.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Holy hell :lol: I just remembered 2 of my posts that I think would perfectly sum up Pat's intention and the purpose of the thread :lol:

irritated bosses; nagging wives; demanding children; pushing parents its a hard life and if some guys find solace; satisfaction and the feeling that they are contributing to society by bashing MS and everything MS does hey im happy for those guys atleast they dont go mad and are ready to face life's challenges the next day ...

so go ahead knock urself out i mean find solace; satisfaction and the feeling of contributing to society

Please do continue, it is much better than having husband killed wife or boy friend killed girl breaking news, the reason: coz he wouldnt have sex as condoms arent open source and the female decided to use i-Pill who the male confused to be an Apple product

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
No need to go all bumpy and beaming back, the only reason this thread isn't closed, is for others to offer suggestions and not the mock the OP and the subject matter. Remember, Microsoft was an example he chose, yes I agree a little childish on his part, but it is what it is. So please don't live out the word I didn't understand from Din here.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Very Nice idea :D Yep post like those should be closed at once.. Like what you eat / i wanna beat :lol: All are Spam ...Mods should take strict action against those guys :)

shantanu

Technomancer
if this thread goes open ( as its BS in my opinion ) then other will open for Mac and linux too .. if this matter is reported to admins, many can go uncounted.. so should i report raaabo / fatbeing about this .. ?

cheers

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
Holy hell :lol: I just remembered 2 of my posts that I think would perfectly sum up Pat's intention and the purpose of the thread :lol:

Yes. I am not even making any effort to hide my intention. I am one of those types of people who WILL NOT take in any kind of **** being offered by any monopolizing,unethical,manipulative organization/unit. If I see something is wrong, I will raise my voice against it unlike some pussy-cats, Meow-like people! It really beats me how much low a company can stoop just for the sake of business/money! Sigh :rolleyes:

Yes you are free to think the way you want, but I am free to do what I think is correct. And here we are talking about principles and ethics, and not technology. So tomorrow, if MS tries to literally pour out their **** on you, smile and take it in happily. Sorry, I wont do that and I am sure many people wont! Thank you very much!

if this thread goes open ( as its BS in my opinion ) then other will open for Mac and linux too .. if this matter is reported to admins, many can go uncounted.. so should i report raaabo / fatbeing about this .. ?

cheers

I think three threads would not hurt the forum considering the amount of BS people already post in some(most?) threads :p

Also, if for example, MS Khaitan-boys can stay away from this thread, I dont think we would have much reported posts either

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
pat : is this the result of your talk with praka in :: POST YOUR FEELINGS THREAD ::: :) ?? i was amazed to see that... !

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
pat : is this the result of your talk with praka in :: POST YOUR FEELINGS THREAD ::: :) ?? i was amazed to see that... !

Yes thats correct! And I would definitely not want a senior and knowledgeable guy like him leave the forum!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Also, if for example, MS Khaitan-boys can stay away from this thread, I dont think we would have much reported posts either
Well why don't you guys stay away from Windows/Microsoft threads? Is it so hard for you guys to do that? A thread about charity, that has nothing to do with anything other than Microsoft & Hotmail/MSN, why is it you guys need to spam with anti-MS links there?

This is a forum, why should I "stay away"? I don't see any non-FOSS guy spamming sh!t in the OSS section, then why do you guys need to spam he technology news section? Threads like ODF etc, it's understandable. But, the rest, why?

Then you go around telling us to stay away.

shantanu

Technomancer
pat , this thread wont stop him from doing so ! No one wants him to go.. we all need to improve on what does on in this forum.. thinkdigit is geeting to become a battleground. that should not be continued.. i posted before also, we are a very big team now.. and actions will be strict from now on... either MS or LIN or MAC .. results goes same to everyone..

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
You dint reply to other points of my post ;)

Well why don't you guys stay away from Windows/Microsoft threads? Is it so hard for you guys to do that? A thread about charity, that has nothing to do with anything other than Microsoft & Hotmail/MSN, why is it you guys need to spam with anti-MS links there?

I agree that some posts on the thread about charity should probably not have been made.

This is a forum, why should I "stay away"? I don't see any non-FOSS guy spamming sh!t in the OSS section, then why do you guys need to spam he technology news section? Threads like ODF etc, it's understandable. But, the rest, why?

Because technology news is not exclusive to Non-OSS, right ? Or do you think OSS is not technology at all ? :p

pat , this thread wont stop him from doing so ! No one wants him to go.. we all need to improve on what does on in this forum.. thinkdigit is geeting to become a battleground. that should not be continued.. i posted before also, we are a very big team now.. and actions will be strict from now on... either MS or LIN or MAC .. results goes same to everyone..

Thats correct..Strict action is defnitely a welcome addition..I just dont want some members to bear the brunt of these strict actions ;)
Hence this thread :)

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Because technology news is not exclusive to Non-OSS, right ? Or do you think OSS is not technology at all ? :p
I don't think there is any need for any anti-MS person to go around posting anti-MS links in every thread that has anything remotely to do with Microsoft. I am not saying don't post, post something on topic, not give 5 links to anti-MS sites in every post yaar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom