Microsoft Plans to Revolutionize Interface Technology With "Surface"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
That was based on physics based nevigation. Like if you put a pile of books on another pile, it will move the pile under it.

goobimama

 Macboy
Surface is one Microsoft idea that has truly grabbed my attention. Its right out of a sci-fi movie. But wait, what's this comment doing in there?

while Microsoft is bringing it to the masses before Apple can & in a much better way.

What masses? The thing is said to cost like $5000 and that to its nowhere near production. Sounds a lot like Vaporware

I'm not negative about this, I truly want this to be a reality no matter from which company. But I don't think its anywhere (at least for another 5 years) near being referred to for 'the masses'.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Yup... Its called bumptop.. useless but pretty cool though. I think it will be more useful with a touch screen..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Here's a bit of Ballmerism:
“$10,000 for a PC table? That's the most expensive PC on the planet! And it doesn't appeal to business customers because it doesn't have a keyboard!”

:lol:

aceman

Broken In
Indyan said:
Every new technology is expensive. Do you remember how must hi def tv cost when it was just introduced?
Touch screen by itself is not costly.It I had written many touch screen drivers before and basically speaking most if not all touch screen(s) I have worked with work on the principle of Ohms law.Take a look into the attached image for more info.What I am truly amazed is how the software(driver) is written to handle multiple inputs (Something which even the iPhone amazed me).
Oh well!! have to wait for the iPhone to dismantle it and find out :).

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
This Surface thing does not even have a touchscreen in the first place.

This comment is at the zenith of ignorene :D.

It is clearly mentioned that Surface uses a touch sensitive surface with multi touch. You "touch" the table or surface to work on it.

This time read with eyes open.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
This comment is at the zenith of ignorene :D.

It is clearly mentioned that Surface uses a touch sensitive surface with multi touch. You "touch" the table or surface to work on it.

This time read with eyes open.
No, Surface does not use a touchscreen. It uses five cameras that are mounted below the display that track your fingers. That is the reason it comes with that huge table. The screen, in and of itself, cannot respond to touches. You hardly ever have any idea about something. I'm surprised I even know about Microsoft's products more than you. Shame on you!

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
No, Surface does not use a touchscreen. It uses five cameras that are mounted below the display that track your fingers. That is the reason it comes with that huge table. The screen, in and of itself, cannot respond to touches. You hardly ever have any idea about something. I'm surprised I even know about Microsoft's products more than you. Shame on you!

Wow, how did I missed that. Now u also deserve the MVP award :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, thanks! I think I'll let that pass. I'm sure there are many people who actually deserve it and it should go to them rather than me.

It isn't much use to a person who never even intends to suffer with Windows anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom