Microsoft Officially Working On A Social Network

socrates

In the zone
In July, reports emerged of a bare-bones version of Microsoft's Tulalip social network mistakenly hosted on Socl.com. This service allowed logging in via Facebook and Twitter. However, within a week, Microsoft hurriedly deleted the site and posted a retraction. Now, after a gap of three months, the guys from The Verge have got a chance to check out MS's project. According to them, the "Tulalip" name has been dropped in favour of Socl (pronounced "social"), which might itself be a temporary name. Nevertheless, it is certainly an improvement. The interface looks very similar to that of Facebook, with elements from Google+ thrown into the mix.
Microsoft Officially Working On A Social Network

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I really dont want another Social network. People are more than satisfied with Facebook(most except geeks who are sick of sp@ms and useless Farmville updates) :wink:

Oh well......

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Nothing's gonna change. It will come & go. People would not even know if it existed. It will meet the same end as that of over-hyped Google+.

Tech&ME

Banned
Result will be same as Google+. Nobody would leave facebook.

That's a valid reason enough.

PS : There are already a dozen Social Networking sites already floating in the internet. Some target specific audiances like LinkedIn and some are similar to facebook (friendship sites), hi5 for example.

jayantr7

In the zone
Mark and his Facebook's team knows better than any other company how to make social world. MySpace, Google+, Orkut, LinkedIn, Twitter and Hi5 -- all had to bow down in-front of Facebook.

Microsoft can create a better Social Network than G+, but it cannot surpass Facebook.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ You don't use it, that's all. :) Why care for a new site when you don't care for it? (works for me)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Tech&ME said:
PS : There are already a dozen Social Networking sites already floating in the internet. Some target specific audiances like LinkedIn and some are similar to facebook (friendship sites), hi5 for example.
LinkedIn is actually quite popular among the buisness people so I wont consider it as #Fail
I really dont know even 50 of my real world friends who are on Facebook but are on Google+ :/

P

prepare4bank

it can be more better than other social networking sites, you can't measure its beauty, how much its going to impact.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If I am not mistaken, Microsoft DID start a social network a while ago. It was named, "Live Planet". I just made a single post there, which was like, "Live Planet.. Umm.. Luks cool".

Never returned since then! :p

Top Bottom