Microsoft gives option to remove IE from Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are paranoid for no reason. What bad a 5.21 MB package is doing on a 100 GB+ hard disk and that too when almost every kid out there knows about the other browsers available. But... :YAWN: let the paranoids be happy. Yes! Now you can Remove IE and gain 43704647 BITS of space on your hardrive! Go Celebrate! :eh:!

utsav

damn busy...
People are paranoid for no reason. What bad a 5.21 MB package is doing on a 100 GB+ hard disk and that too when almost every kid out there knows about the other browsers available. But... :YAWN: let the paranoids be happy. Yes! Now you can Remove IE and gain 43704647 BITS of space on your hardrive! Go Celebrate! :eh:!

nice use of windows calculator :p

virus_killer

Journeyman
I have been using this Windows 7000 build for a while now, and in IE8 i have noticed very significant changes in speed and features as compared to their last few versions.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
I never liked IE right from the start anyway.. and I think its mostly the same case with everyone.

Firefox FTW!! :D

Although i have installed almost all browsers available, coz my work involves being logged in into multiple google services like docs, gmail etc on multiple email accounts so i need two three browsers to keep separate sessions. I like IE 8 and I am using th RC 2 build But things that keeps me return back to Firefox are its plugins. I simply cannot live without Sxipper and CoolPreviews plugin, they make my life so easier on net. I never have to type in passwords and that too across both the OS i use. But interface and startup time wise, i like IE more thank Firefox.

Last edited:

chooza

Journeyman
great news for the forum users. Now I hope that they will be surf the net without any problem( It seems after reading so may sign of relief that IE was the main problem for whole world)It seem like that I am boarding Lufthansa for Germany but want Air-India to stop all flights to it. Unable to understand

fabler

Journeyman
nice find.. thanks for the info bro.. BTW lets see whether it will be still there in final release...

aura

Sync dreams to reality
This move will really help PC and Laptop makers like HP,Dell etc.. who can now ship new PC's with any other browser after signing a deal with Google,Opera,Mozilla or Apple, Get more revenue and hence an overall decrease in the prices of Laptops and PC's (may be a few hundreds of rupees) and thus making them even more affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom