Microsoft 'desperate', says OpenOffice.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
nepcker

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
MS Office is much better when you compare its features.

But Open Office gets the job done for free.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Open office despite of high memory usage, does the job for a single user system. For home use it is enough like making a resume or draft or latter etc in Word or Writer.

mediator

Technomancer
Almost all r giving expert opinions!

Open Office 2.0 Kicks MS Office Around the Block

I’ve always been a fan of Open Source software, but I have to admit that frequently the quality of free and Open Source software leaves something to be desired when compared to their commercial counterparts. That said, nothing can beat these applications where price is concerned. I first tried OpenOffice years ago when it was still prior to version 1.0. I noticed immediately that the suite had a lot of potential. Up until then, I had been primarily using the Lotus suite at home because it came with our computer. In fact, I felt so comfortable using it that it quickly became my first choice of office applications. I never bought MS Office after Office XP ,and I rarely ever used that.

My primary use for OpenOffice has always been as a word processor and I believe this is an area where it excels (so to speak!). For anyone used to MS Office, the difference in the two interfaces is minimal. In fact, I find it easier to use OpenOffice’s interface than MS Office’s for various things such as inserting a header and footer. To create or change a header and footer in MS Office XP, you must go to the “view” menu. I’m not sure why something like a header or footer would be placed in the “view” menu before it is actually part of a document. OpenOffice placed these options in their “insert” menu—a placement that I believe makes much more intuitive sense. The OpenOffice word processor also has all of the font and text options one would expect placed in their own tool bars. OpenOffice also supports all of the major features of MS Office (and a few of its own) except for the grammar check. I’m personally fine with not having a grammar checker since it has given me the opportunity to actually learn the English language instead of relying on my word processor to make my sentences coherent.
....read more
Source

If someone has done an indepth review then please post!

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
Well actaully one notaicable point i would like to mention that is When you convert the OO Write docu to pdf...and MS Word to pdf... you see the spacing is too much in OO where as that is not there in MS Word at all, its just replica of the doc.

eBro

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
as i've said in my earlier post , Ms Office is The Best n to get The Best you have to pay some premium just as is the case with other products , CPU's , Mobo , RAM , etc :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom