Microsoft cuts prices in China to fight piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

damked

Broken In
Microsoft slashes price of Office 2007 Student and Home edition in China to combat piracy.
Article Source:
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Top_He...China_to_fight_piracy/articleshow/3516350.cms

:D

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If they give Office at USD 29.00 in India there will be many takers. Maybe they think we're loaded

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/38large.png

OOo is still serving me well. I haven't felt the need of a better software till date.

But yeah, I agree with NucleusKore. India is supposed to be poorer than China...

iinfi

mekalodu
to make people in India use legal version they will have to make Office 2007 a freeware.
why wud someone pay $29 for something which is available at Rs. 10/-

to make people in India use legal version they will have to make Office 2007 a freeware.
+1

But at the same time, pricing at $29 does make sense for enterprises IMO. If they choose to use OOo, they still need tech support people, due to the critical nature of the business. Surely they would need to spend some money on them too ? But at $29, MS Office would indeed appear a steal since it includes a no hastles product warranty/support (or doesn't it ?).

PS: correct me if I am wrong.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I might consider for $29.00, not because I like Microsoft Office, but because the rest of my family is addicted to Microsoft products. When they come from Dubai on holiday they're at UNEASE with OpenOffice for Windows. I already have a genuine Windows, so having a genuine Office @ $29.00 would be good.

iinfi

mekalodu
yea agree!! for enterprises $29 wud be a boon. i was talking abt the common Indian.
btw there are several companies in India which use pirated stuff.

OP
damked

damked

Broken In

Available at Rs. 10 ?
I got it free of cost.
BTW I prefer to use Open Office.
:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
pron is too passe :p
I hear its getting mainstream :D
Internet is for rumors now !

Status